Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirting and the Missing Link
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2189
2189, Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Posted by DJ420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For being squirted for the past 3 years now, this might sound like a dumb question.
Am I supposed to be using the ML with the MS?
Im having problems leaning out above 10psi. My injectors are definitley big enough. When I go run a datalog, after I get above 10psi, I can watch the wideband slowly climb up and the car pops and sputters, then when I run the datalog through VexMe at about 5000rpm's and 150Kpa's, the program tries to tune all the way up to 252.
Ive checked everything from fuel pressure, fuel pump and sock, fpr and anything in between. The only reason I ask about the missing link, is because I seen a comment about not needing one if squirted.

Then if I do still need it, how can I test to see if its still god or not? I havent searched for this question yet, but I figured Im posting, so I might aswell ask, lol.

Last, if I do need the ML and it is still good, would me not having a filter on it cause this prob? I mean I do have a piece of electrical tape over it with a pin hole in it.

TIA guys
DJ
2191, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The missing link makes the stock ECU happy... since it is not connected in any way to the MS it doesn't really matter if you leave it hooked up or not.
2193, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
But could the fact that its hooked up be causing my probs?

Or if the stock MAP was bad, would that be causing my problems? Ive been having this prob for 4 months now, so Im just trying to grasp for anything that might help me.

Thanks
DJ

2194, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you are doing both fuel and ignition from the MS, the stock ECU has almost no authority over how the engine runs.
2195, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
at 10psi what size turbo and injectors are you running? Can you send me a datalog of a long pull through 5k to terrence.godfrey@sbcglobal.net

Terry
2196, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Actually I found the prob!!!

There is a prob with the fuel pressure! Right when the motor starts to boost, the fuel pressure gauge drops to like 15-20psi, WTF!!! I pinched off the return line to see if the gauge would rise and it did.

I only got to look at things for about 2 hours and I couldnt find what the probs was. The fuel stays at about 38 with vac hooked up at idle and under normal driving. As of now, I have no clue what it could be, my fuel filter has tops 5k on it. The fuel pump stays at 13.5, even under shitty boost conditions, it is a 255.

Any clues as to what I can check next? I was thinkn a small vac leak that would/could turn into a massive boost leak, but the boost gauge does hold 10psi, even though its running shatty.

I also rent out a space to a buddy that has an SR20 and he's running the same 1:1 fpr, so we swapped them and it did the samething.

Im running a Precision SC61 .63 76 trim with delphi 780's high imp. The fuel pump does have the 12v mod done to it. The fuel pressure guage is on the left side of the 1:1 (facing it).

Last but not least, am I supposed to have the stock regulator back on the fuel system with the 1:1?

Thanks guys
DJ
2198, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
No stock regulator.

So at idle you are 38psi and at 0vac/boost your at 38psi as well? Thats not right. Try a new vac line direct from the manifold to the regulator. This may be a bad vac signal.

Terry
2199, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Under normal driving condtions it stays on or around 38. When I get on it before boost, it does start to rise. When I hit boost is when the fuel pressure decides to go kamikaze on me.
2201, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
fuel pressure should move with vacuum, if it doesnt then you have issues prolly with the vac source.

Terry
2203, RE: Megasquirting and the Missing Link
Ok, the pressure does move when I hit roughly 6-8 psi the fuel pressure drops.
I generated this page in 0.0082659721374512 seconds, executing 7 queries.