Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectFuel Cut after Warmup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2169
2169, Fuel Cut after Warmup
Posted by 96BlckGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, heres the situation, i have MS v.3 i believe, i bought it from Terry, and now just recently i first started my car up after it was sitting the whole night and i drive it to my GF's house down the street, runs perfectly, and then after i pull out of her driveway and go to go home, im driving it it cuts fuel all over the rpm ranges, ill be going in 4th at around 2k and i wont move the pedal any more and fuel will just cut, so i go home park it in the driveway, pop the hood and i cant see any fuel leaks or anything so im in the engine bay i rev it to a certain point and keep it there and watch the fuel pressure gauge and right when fuel cut happens i can see the fuel pressure go up so im assuming im getting fuel into the rail but something is preventing the injectors from squirting so therefore pressure is building in the fuel rail. im assuming its MS because it runs fine before it wwarms up, need help guys ASAP thanks
2172, RE: Fuel Cut after Warmup
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Explain what you think is a fuel cut. Are you datalogging and tuning the map like you should be?

Edit: what about this?
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=95808&mode=full

You do know the wideband gives feedback to the MS to adjust fuel correct? Change the settings so it runs in open loop at all times till you get the wideband issue figured out. you are going to have to work a lot on that map since you wont have the wideband to fill in the spots where it is lean/rich.

Terry
2173, RE: Fuel Cut after Warmup
will putting it in open loop all the time fix my fuel cut problem, and fuel cut is when im driving in 4th at like 2krpm and keeping the pedal steady and then bam feels like fuel has just stopped then i have to put in the cluctch and pedal it to get fuel back and then it does it over and over again, i need to get my car runnig, and the only wierd thing is it runs great after i havent started it for a nite, runs perfcet then once it warms up then it does it
2174, RE: Fuel Cut after Warmup
and how do i put it in open loop all the time
I generated this page in 0.0090429782867432 seconds, executing 7 queries.