Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMore MS questions...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1880
1880, More MS questions...
Posted by evotunedscc, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Question 1:
First of all, in terms of a platform to run MegaTune, I was going to use my g/f's old 233mhz since it was free but it's all f'd up right now. So I plan on buying another laptop to setup and tune with... I'm thinking of a 300mhz with XP but will that suffice? I'd like to use a p-III but that also creates a jump in price and since I still have to buy aeromotive 1:1, MSD ignition box, and zeitronix WB I'd like to spend as little as possible on a laptop. I can probably get a 300mhz for less than $100 but a 500mhz pIII is gonna run over $200. Any suggestions?

Question 2:
Going to get the zeitronix WB, will this fit in the stock O2 sensor plug on downpipe? Any modifications needed to make this fit or work correctly?

Also, with the Zeitronix is it worth it to spend extra and get the display screen?

1881, RE: More MS questions...
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
300MHZ laptop should be fine, Zietronix o2 sensor will fit the DP hole but the factory ECU wont accept the narrowbnd output of the WB. Best way is to add another o2 bung to the pipe.

The display is nice but its up to you. I like to be able to see my afr at a glance while in boost.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.0081920623779297 seconds, executing 7 queries.