Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Electromotive TEC 3
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1538&mesg_id=1553
1553, RE: Electromotive TEC 3
Posted by rhui, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys... I am currently getting a tec3 put into my 420A Stock motor. I will turbo the engine after I figured out this system. It is truely an awesome system.

These are a few problems I've run into.

First off, at the time I bought my tec3, make sure you buy the right 30% UDP... you can't use the AFX pulley, I had to get a custom made bracket made so I can mount the crank trigger. The one they use is the unorthodox pulley, and I bought the kit for a 95-99 neon. I don't know if this is still the case...

Also, I had to get a custom bracket made to mound the crank trigger sensor to the 30% AFX UDP.

The biggest problem was zeroing the damn engine... theres no fucking stock timing marks what so ever. So, ya thats a bitch for a stock engine... if you are rebuilding, keyway the crank!

Ok, now the car runs... I am currently making a base fuel map... the car will be tuned on a dyno and not on street, so it won't cover all ranges.

Second problem, since the charging system is controlled by the maincomputer, car won't charge the battery... so the person I got my tec3 from is now working on it... he suggested to put a regulator on the alternator.

Also, a minor problem... the fans were also controlled by ecu. So, now I am hooking them up to the gpos. 1st one turns on at 65C
2nd one comes at 75C.

Oh and, I bought the DFU as well, but turns out you can use the stock distributor... I don't know if there is an advantage or not in using the newer DFU. The person who I bought the comp from says the stock distributor is good enough.

Other than that, I don't think there is any other problems.

If you guys want my base fuel map, let me know... I'll send it out.

BTW, I live in Canada, BC. Anyone else doing the same thing I am up here?

Ritchie

I generated this page in 0.0090320110321045 seconds, executing 6 queries.