Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Electromotive TEC 3
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1538&mesg_id=1548
1548, RE: Electromotive TEC 3
Posted by DeanoD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will be getting the complete Tec 3 setup(including ignition). It uses GM sensors for everything. The Tec 3 has a start-up wizard as it were. The wiring should take 5-6 hours and the car should be running initially in 5 minutes or less. Since my engine/trans will be out of the car and my built motor/head will be finished in a couple weeks, this was my final step. My goal was total control over fuel and ignition. After considering the cost of a complete fuel system and a piggyback ignition system, it wasn't that much more to step up to the Tec.

Used Tec 2 setups(fuel/igition) can be bought for $1200 with the windows version and correct sensors. If you have an older version that is not windows based, just send it back to electromotive to be upgraded.

I am still new to the Tec, but have many friends who are using both the Tec 2 and 3 on their daily drivers. After I read the manual and gain a better understanding of its features, I will pass information along. This is probably the most costly and advanced management system on the market today.

I am not a fan of the AEM and won't be discussing this here.
I generated this page in 0.0077810287475586 seconds, executing 6 queries.