Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectInstalling SAFC on 95
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1399
1399, Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by DegreE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I searched and found nothing for my topic.

But the 3 different write-ups for the SAFC install were done on the 97-99 2gNTs.

Is the wiring any different for the 95-96? PLease help becasue I want to do this myself instead of paying $100 for the local speedshop to do it for me.
1400, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think (don't quote me on this) that the wire colors are all the same, but the location connecting to the ECU are different. Can someone clarify on this?
1401, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes. All the colors required for the SAFC are the same across all year models.
1407, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say don't install it at all, but hell that is just me. I have a 95 and had it installed (stupid). Just follow the color codes like Darkone said.
1425, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
I say don't install it at all, but hell that is just me. I have a 95 and had it installed (stupid). Just follow the color codes like Darkone said.

WHat problems did you have?

well the thing is is that with all my mods... I am running a bit rich, and after I get the cam gears i will toss the car onto a dyno and fine tune everything to get ready for spray.
1432, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DegreE
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse I say don't install it at all, but hell that is just me. I have a 95 and had it installed (stupid). Just follow the color codes like Darkone said.
WHat problems did you have? well the thing is is that with all my mods... I am running a bit rich, and after I get the cam gears i will toss the car onto a dyno and fine tune everything to get ready for spray.

well RxR has the MS installed now. you can't even compare the SAFC to the MS. the SAFC is a piggy back module that sends FALSE information to the ECU to get it to dump more/less fuel. the MS actually CONTROLS the injectors. not a very fair comparison. but then i think the MS hadn't really hit the 2gnt market when he had his SAFC so it's not THAT bad :P
1436, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Ehhh, well how much is the MS and where can I look up more information about it.

ANyways, this is getting confusing.

I found 3 black wires going to the ECU. I need to find one to use as a ground for the SAFC as stated in the witeup on the MOD page. wtf? Will any one of the 3 work or is it a specific one?

And I cant find a wire for the 02 sensor. It is a white wire with a black stripe, correct? I only found a black wire with a white stripe and I beleive that is my power source.
1439, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
nevermind... i got it.

damn, this was easier than my radio install.
1483, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Posted by destruckeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol, yes it's not even hard if you have done any wiring before.

A S-AFC will do if you don't have the cash fro dsm link or Ms, and also will do if you aren't extremely modified. I use mine just to control the car for daily driving, but once I start going track I will for sure get a dsmlink.
1424, RE: Installing SAFC on 95
Sorry about misplacing the thread.

I didnt know there was a seperate section for Engine Management Systems & Controllers.

Thanks guys.
I generated this page in 0.0084030628204346 seconds, executing 7 queries.