Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectAttention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=138&mesg_id=138
138, Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi there, first post--new to the club but long time reader. I'm currently about 2 week(ends) away from starting my 97 Eclipse with a custom Garrett T3 turbo, and powered by our friend, Mr. Megasquirt. I have done a lot of reading by your posts Mr.Slick and totally agree with you that Megasquirt is a breeze to assemble. However, I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with:

1: I found a diagram posted a while ago that will greatly help installing the MS, with wire colors, PIN numbers and so on. However, I noticed that you have the 2 batches of injectors labeled as (1 & 3) and (2 & 4). If the firing order is 1,3,4,2, wouldn't it make sense that you run the MS in alternating mode with the batches on 1 and 4, and then on 2 and 3? I am triggering the MS using the two supply lines to the coil packs using two diodes, so I can run the MS in 4 cylinder mode. Am I missing something here?

2. What is the max voltage the MAP can see? We're running a potentiometer (sp?) to bleed off extra voltage. Is it above 4.5 Volts that it'll throw a CEL?

3. How much would you charge to give me a VE table if I told you the injector size...etc, that would just start the car. Obviously, we'll have to tune it to our conditions once we get it running.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for your time, and your answers are most valued and appreciated.

Brian
I generated this page in 0.010193109512329 seconds, executing 6 queries.