Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS Harness construction hints
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1294
1294, MS Harness construction hints
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is a hint for you guys making your own harnesses. Everyone should be able to add one by the time they are done and we will have a nice collection for new guys going MS.

Buy all the different colors of wire you can find, buy 2 extra rolls of "white". Why?

Next get a samll piece of vacuum hose and cut a small wedge out of it so you can see inside the vacuum line. now take the white wire cut to length and insert one end into the vacum hose. now insert a sharpie marker into the wedge that was cut out. pull the wire all the way through the hose/marker assy slowly. this will stripe the wire very neatly.

You can get 6-8 colors of sharpie markers now. 6-8 different wires for your harness.

Enjoy and take your time.

Terry
1296, RE: MS Harness construction hints
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's my hint regarding connecting the wires to the DB37 connector...

Pre-fill all the solder cups on the DB39 connector with solder and pre-tin the ends of all the wires with solder. Hold the end of the wire to the pre-filled solder cup. Now all you have to do is touch the soldering iron to the side of the cup and the wire will go through the solder, right down into the solder cup. Remove the soldering iron and the wire will be firmly connected to the DB37 connector.
1297, RE: MS Harness construction hints
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dougie2
Here's my hint regarding connecting the wires to the DB37 connector... Pre-fill all the solder cups on the DB39 connector with solder and pre-tin the ends of all the wires with solder. Hold the end of the wire to the pre-filled solder cup. Now all you have to do is touch the soldering iron to the side of the cup and the wire will go through the solder, right down into the solder cup. Remove the soldering iron and the wire will be firmly connected to the DB37 connector.

This is how I did mine.
I generated this page in 0.0082809925079346 seconds, executing 7 queries.