Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS or MS2?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1258
1258, MS or MS2?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
would you guys recommend buying a MS2 now or buying a MS and upgrading to MS2 later on? i'm only gonna be running fuel for now but i'll probably get into doing spark an stuff later on... i know the 'extra' code isn't available for the MS2. anyone here running a MS2 yet?
1259, RE: MS or MS2?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My personal thoughts are to just get the MS and upgrade later. There is still a lot of upgrading to be done on the MS2 as time progresses. Eventually the MS2 should be able to run sequential injection, there will be a few updates and different code available in due time as well as much more. The MS will keep you pretty busy in the meantime.

Good luck to you either way you decide, the MS opens so many new doors and revives any lost interest in your car.

Terry
1260, RE: MS or MS2?
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
My personal thoughts are to just get the MS and upgrade later. There is still a lot of upgrading to be done on the MS2 as time progresses. Eventually the MS2 should be able to run sequential injection, there will be a few updates and different code available in due time as well as much more. The MS will keep you pretty busy in the meantime. Good luck to you either way you decide, the MS opens so many new doors and revives any lost interest in your car. Terry

haha i know what you mean. i was reading through the site and it looks pretty awesome. i like doin home electronics an stuff a lot. soldering is fun! i guess this's a kinda awkward time to be jumpin in to the MS with the v3.0 boards and MS2 just comin out...

are most've you guys utilizing the 'extra' code right now? the specs on the MS2 look pretty nice but it's too bad the code hasn't been ported yet... i guess the cost to upgrade later on isn't that big a deal and i don't really mind the extra soldeirng later on :shrug
1264, RE: MS or MS2?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just picked up a MS2, it's a pretty nice unit. I got it to work on the stimulator with the "newest" code but it's definately not ready yet. I like the new firmware upgrader, it's a lot more professional looking than the older DOS looking thing. There is no 420A decoder yet, no way to program outputs, no boost controller, no rotary engine code, a very basic ignition code, etc... There are some really nice things about it though like high fuel injection pulsewidth resolution along with a few other things. I guess you could make it work with fuel only right now but that's about it.
1266, RE: MS or MS2?
thanks for the info guys. i was reading up on the MSII forums and it looks like its gonna be awhile before the 'extra' code is ported.. it sounds like there's kind've a lot involved in rewriting the code for the MSII - especially considering how many separate components are involved in the original 'extra' code. i guess i'll prolly just be sticking with a MSI on a v3.0 board for now. that should still be lotsa fun :)
I generated this page in 0.010458946228027 seconds, executing 7 queries.