Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Dyno success
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=958&mesg_id=962
962, RE: Dyno success
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ner947
I don't know. Idle AFR is around 12.5:1. Low load is around 14.0-14.7:1. I noticed that thay are kind of high too but that's what seems to make the car run best.

That's a little rich for an idle AFR. Engines like to run rich at idle, but you should be able to lean it out a little (like 13.5:1 AFR). Also, are you seeing a lot of EGO Correction at idle? Are you using Target AFR at idle? I'm thinking that it may be pulling back a lot from the VE table. Either that, or your injectors really do make that much of a difference in the way the VE table needs tuned.

BTW- great job on the VE table... the curves and transitions are feathered very well. Looks like you started from the MrSlick MSQ and tuned the hell out of it.

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Very nice nate. The high numbers have been discussed on MSefi and many others have the same including lance. Terry

Terry, that discussion at MSEFI was regarding Chevy small block engines. The idle VE of a 2.0L 4 banger is going to be very different. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with using the high VE numbers... it's just that I haven't known of any other 420A VE table using such high VE values at idle and still not be too rich to start the engine. The rest of Nate's VE table is very similar to mine, but my idle VE values are closer to 22-25 percent using Delphi 780cc injectors. I did notice that I was able to increase my idle VE values to almost 30 percent when I installed a set of Denso/Greddy 720cc injectors.

...Which brings me to my next point.... these damn Delphi injectors I've been experimenting with seem to be way off. I've noticed that I can nail a stable injector pulsewidth at idle when using stock 235cc, DSM 450cc, and Denso 780cc injectors, but the Delphi injectors seem to walk all over the place. The stock, DSM, and Denso injectors are also very smooth under load, and the Delphi injectors result in a very eratic AFR. I really don't like the Delphi injectors and I've also noticed there are a lot of bad reviews of them over at DSMtuners.com as well. The 4G63 guys are having to adjust their dead-time setting a lot to get them working decent and then they're still getting unexplained knock. I have a set of Accel 72 lb.(756cc) injectors on the way and I'm willing to bet they'll work better than anything I've tested thus far. And the nice thing about them (and the primary reason I'm going to use them) is that they are the standard Bosch style injector... which means they have the exact same dimensions as our stock injectors and will have an OEM fit using the stock o-rings. Accel also uses a pintel design with a wide conical spray pattern.
I generated this page in 0.011689186096191 seconds, executing 6 queries.