Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectSmoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1771&mesg_id=1771
1771, Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS...
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Had a little time today to play around with the RS and the megasquirt, since the idle has always been a bit choppy, esp when running closed loop off of the wideband..I use the AEM UEGO wideband sensor for closed loop, and i had it mounted in the testpipe...always seem to lag in response to the MS, so today i moved the wideband sensor to approx the stock location, and idle response from the wideband was much faster. It idled smoother with less back and forth movements of the idle injector pulsewidth. Also, i've noticed that when running spark control with the MS, and you want to run 14.0 and/or around stoich(14.7:1), the leaner mix at idle wants less timing for it to idle smoother. I am at 7 degrees BTD now around 900-1000 rpm at idle, and its good. I used to run around 15 degrees at idle, but it surges a lot with that much timing with around stoich A/F mix. I've also noticed that my AEM cam gears may not be set to 0, but possibly 3 degrees advanced on the exhaust, and 3 degrees advanced on the intake..head is decked around .008", so i was about half to 3/4 tooth off. Once those are set to stock, i feel it will idle perfect.
I generated this page in 0.010039091110229 seconds, executing 6 queries.