Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: V 3.0 MS mainboard has arrived!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1110&mesg_id=1126
1126, RE: V 3.0 MS mainboard has arrived!
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I ordered the whole kit from diyautotune.com, they got my kit out the following business day! That's how you run a company. I built it up, poked the tachometer input to get it ready for the stock crank angle sensor, did the spark modifications, built up a new fan control circuit, and hooked it up.

With the exact same MSQ, it ran leaner. I checked everything... Watched the realtime display, recorded a datalog and watched the big picture, probed various voltages with my scope, etc. I was stumped. I had to increase my required fuel from 8.2ms to 9.8ms to get the idle AFR back to normal. My idle PW's went from 2.3ms to 2.7ms. I hooked up spark and fan control, everything works up to peak boost but I didn't expect that I would need to tweak my required fuel like that.

The 3.0 board is pretty nice... I took a good look at how they routed the board and it looks like a real EE did it this time, unlike the 2.2 board which looks like it was routed by an amateur. This board seems to be ment to be paired with a MSII CPU and not a MSI because of the labeling and a few other things. There is a lot other extra junk too, like the VR tachometer input circuit which I built but will probably never use. There is also only one ignition driver on the board which I still don't understand... I didn't even bother putting it in. How many people have just 1 coil? Weird. I'm still using my 4G63 module which is working fine.
I generated this page in 0.0087730884552002 seconds, executing 6 queries.