Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: cranking pulse widths and problems starting
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1028&mesg_id=1033
1033, RE: cranking pulse widths and problems starting
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
A few things, dont know if it will help or not though..For your afterstart enrichment, the numbers should be over 100%, meaning 100% adds NO fuel. I think my settings for that start at like 160%, then work down to 100% from there. So under 100% will cut fuel, and over 100% adds fuel.. For your cranking settings, the pulsewidth temps value should be set to coolant, not MAT. Try those few things and see what happens. You should see a RPM in your display, and also a pulse width on the gauge in milliseconds while cranking. Is the engine at least trying to fire? It should do something at least..even if the fuel is not set right even. You sure your getting a spark?

Are you sure.....my afterstart settings are in the 30% range. Cranking is in ms from 12ms down to 5ms. the warmup is in 100% and up. I have the 022i6 code.

Going back to the RPM issue....are you running off the crank signal or cam or tach? Take a volt reading from the bottom of R10 (Resistor is removed, jumper is now in bottom of R10 per the board mods) when cranking......should be in the range of 2v and moving around.

Make sure your board mods are correct. Make sure your setting are perfectly like the setting need to be in Sourceforge.

DO NOT try to measure the resistance of a resistor while it is connected to the board. You can damage other components.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.0089287757873535 seconds, executing 6 queries.