Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectThread Subscription
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=291
291, Thread Subscription
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't know if this has been asked before, but how come there is no thread subscription on this site? I like to follow threads of interest from time to time, but it is almost impossible to do on this site.
292, RE: Thread Subscription
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's an option we have to turn on and off.

I'm not sure why we don't have it on. Perhaps it's a performace/bandwidth issue because 2gnt.com would have to send out all the emails every night.

I'll have to let Dino answer this one.
293, RE: Thread Subscription
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i would enable it, but by default when you post it stays off.

you dont want to be subscribed to every thread you post in, its annoying. make it user-enabled.
294, RE: Thread Subscription
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll have to look at it. Due to the fact we've never used it, i skipped a lot of updates and patches to it, so it may be out of date.
295, RE: Thread Subscription
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what about just bookmarking the thread you want to keep track of till the issue is sorted out?
304, RE: Thread Subscription
I use a number of computers but can access my email from a number of places. Bookmarks would be alittle more of a hassle for me. I use thread subscription on all the other boards.....just wasn't sure it wasn't here. Much easier to search through emails and click a link. Add that to the fact it simplifies the repeated find your thread and remembering the last post.
306, RE: Thread Subscription
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBald
I use a number of computers but can access my email from a number of places. Bookmarks would be alittle more of a hassle for me.

He's refering to the forum-based "Bookmark" feature. it adds a link under "bookmarks" in your profile. Look at the upper menu bar while you're reading a topic.
307, RE: Thread Subscription
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by BigBald I use a number of computers but can access my email from a number of places. Bookmarks would be alittle more of a hassle for me.
He's refering to the forum-based "Bookmark" feature. it adds a link under "bookmarks" in your profile. Look at the upper menu bar while you're reading a topic.

I will try this out....never noticed that feature before.
I generated this page in 0.0081000328063965 seconds, executing 7 queries.