Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectChat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=240
240, Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by ShadowWulf, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heya, i finally decided to check out the chat and it seems like it doesnt do ANYTHING.

I can get to the list of rooms, view the names. I hit LETS GO! on general chat, and the page just reloads. Nothing changes except now my username is listed as being in the chat room...though there isnt even a chat room to view. This happens on Mozilla Firefox (latest version) and IE (fully updated).

Is the link supposed to open up MIRC? If so that may be my problem but im not about to reinstall that unless i need to. Is it a Java app? (i have latest Java installed, and FLASH). Just...whats it supposed to BE so i can troubleshoot it? My computer stats are below if it helps anybody diagnose whats up.

P4 HT 3.6 Ghz (overclocked) / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 9800 PRO 256Mb (overclocked)/ Windows XP SP 2 fully updated / 600W Raptor PSU / Dual RAID-0 250 GB HD's (500GB total storage) / Tripple booting WINXP-Mandrake 10.1-Redhat 9 / has more than enough cooling with 6 80mm fans / Using Mozilla Firefox for most everything, computer is SERIOUSLY optimized for gaming so maybe a registry tweak may of caused the problem?
241, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ShadowWulf
P4 HT 3.6 Ghz (overclocked) / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 9800 PRO 256Mb (overclocked)/ Windows XP SP 2 fully updated / 600W Raptor PSU / Dual RAID-0 250 GB HD's (500GB total storage) / Tripple booting WINXP-Mandrake 10.1-Redhat 9 / has more than enough cooling with 6 80mm fans / Using Mozilla Firefox for most everything, computer is SERIOUSLY optimized for gaming so maybe a registry tweak may of caused the problem?

You'd think you would be able to figure out it's your popup blocker.

Tools -> Options -> Web Features -> Block Popups

Allow popups for 2gnt.com
242, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was banned from the chat till 2008
243, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by turbo8u
i was banned from the chat till 2008

You're kidding me! OMG. (Snicker) That's funny do0d.

Serious? That's like saying you run with scissors or something. Haha. :+
247, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by turbo8u i was banned from the chat till 2008
You're kidding me! OMG. (Snicker) That's funny do0d. Serious? That's like saying you run with scissors or something. Haha. :+

haha, yea....serious. dino loves me.
245, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
You'd think you would be able to figure out it's your popup blocker

You'd think.

246, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol, too much computer there to handle??
249, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Guys, i dont HAVE a pop-up blocker. This computer is set up for performance, just about every service, mozilla and IE app or extension is disabled. The pop-up blocker, internal with the program or external is non-existant.
250, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ShadowWulf
Guys, i dont HAVE a pop-up blocker. This computer is set up for performance, just about every service, mozilla and IE app or extension is disabled. The pop-up blocker, internal with the program or external is non-existant.

I guess you're just fucked, then, buddy. :shrug :P
251, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
about:config

browser.tabs.ForceHide = True

OOPS, should be set to false. It was opening the new tab, just wasnt displaying it because im an idiot and no longer rember my reason for even changing this value in the first place :wallbash
252, RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all.
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*points and laughs*

hey, at least you figured it out though
I generated this page in 0.0082590579986572 seconds, executing 7 queries.