Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectposting in fore sale section = requirements
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=209
209, posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is there a way we can set up a requirement for new members to post in the for-sale section. Like maybe they need X amount of posts or have been a member for 30 days ect? I hate seeing people sign up just to post things for sale and then take a hike. Sometimes even rip other members off. Really i think only our active members should be allowed to post for sale items but many members only post rarely but are here reading once maybe twice a week.

Terry
210, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It has been discussed before. I don't remember what the outcome was, but it will be discussed again. Thanks for the input Terry.
211, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alot of sites do that- they say like a minimum of 15 posts or 30 posts or 30 days. The problem with that is that you can go to the testing section and post away or make posts like "yea that works" and "yea i had that problem too"- but that would still deter many people from signing up just to sell stuff...

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
212, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
The testing section does not count posts.
213, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
The testing section does not count posts.

Yes it does. I just tried it. :shrug
214, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs The testing section does not count posts.

Hmm I guess that never got changed. My bad.
215, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well to re-rail this ...........you should at least be a donating member to be able to post in the for sale section. Figure it a kind of "verification process". Its only fair that if you make a little from 2gnt....well you need to give a little back. :thumbsup
216, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by madhatter210
Well to re-rail this ...........you should at least be a donating member to be able to post in the for sale section. Figure it a kind of "verification process". Its only fair that if you make a little from 2gnt....well you need to give a little back. :thumbsup

Bingo. I donated after I made a profit from the sale section. And I would have donated $10 to use it too. ( I donated more than that but you get the idea)
217, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by madhatter210 Well to re-rail this ...........you should at least be a donating member to be able to post in the for sale section. Figure it a kind of "verification process". Its only fair that if you make a little from 2gnt....well you need to give a little back. :thumbsup
Bingo. I donated after I made a profit from the sale section. And I would have donated $10 to use it too. ( I donated more than that but you get the idea)

Well, I've donated(a LOONG time ago) but it doesn't say it. So what happens for me? lol
218, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by madhatter210 Well to re-rail this ...........you should at least be a donating member to be able to post in the for sale section. Figure it a kind of "verification process". Its only fair that if you make a little from 2gnt....well you need to give a little back. :thumbsup
Well, I've donated(a LOONG time ago) but it doesn't say it. So what happens for me? lol
well if it was that loong ago you should donate again, it doesn't have to be a one time thing ya know. And they usally catch it to change the status if the email used matches your screen name here. But I think you should donate again just to be on the safe side, lol just to keep everyone honest. Hell, if all the "members" donated a dollar every month .............

219, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
well if it was that loong ago you should donate again, it doesn't have to be a one time thing ya know. And they usally catch it to change the status if the email used matches your screen name here. But I think you should donate again just to be on the safe side, lol just to keep everyone honest. Hell, if all the "members" donated a dollar every month .............

It was like the end of last July, I haven't even been here a year yet.

But, this site is growing more and more useless to me everyday. I don't even know why I come here to be honest :shrug. Alot of the people here now just act like little bitches and drama queens and it's annoying, especially now that there's no pits to say the shit in, everbody's all uptight and it's gay that the mods can't even handle the pits with what, 200 active members when other sites have 50,000+ registered with a not uncommon 200+ members ONLINE at the SAME TIME!

I don't get it, but I'll shut up now.
221, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It was like the end of last July, I haven't even been here a year yet. But, this site is growing more and more useless to me everyday. I don't even know why I come here to be honest :shrug. Alot of the people here now just act like little bitches and drama queens and it's annoying, especially now that there's no pits to say the shit in, everbody's all uptight and it's gay that the mods can't even handle the pits with what, 200 active members when other sites have 50,000+ registered with a not uncommon 200+ members ONLINE at the SAME TIME! I don't get it, but I'll shut up now.

thats probly a good idea. :thumbsup
either way, i say you should donate to use the for sale section. if you want your title changed, email evulflea and he can fix it up for you.
222, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't even know why I come here to be honest :shrug. Alot of the people here now just act like little bitches and drama queens and it's annoying, especially now that there's no pits to say the shit in, everbody's all uptight and it's gay that the mods can't even handle the pits with what, 200 active members when other sites have 50,000+ registered with a not uncommon 200+ members ONLINE at the SAME TIME!

:rolleyes

I don't get it, but I'll shut up now.

Good. Nothing you just posted had anything to do with the topic anyway...

223, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Yeah it does.. donating. Why would I donate if I feel that way?
224, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah it does.. donating. Why would I donate if I feel that way?

You shouldn't. You should stop posting here, and go find something sharp to ram your face into until you achieve enlightenment.

Go play at kaptainmyke.com if you want off-topic. This is is a tech-oriented website and always has been. if you're not here for tech infomation and help with your car, then you have no reason to be here. This isn't a sandbox.

On the topic of Sale/Wanted requirements.. i don't thik a donation should be used as a screening process. I don't like the idea of charging a fee to access any part of this site. Information wants to be free.

I don't disagree with a post count requirement, though. it's just a matter of a clean, fast implementation of this functionality in the software.
226, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks Yeah it does.. donating. Why would I donate if I feel that way?
You shouldn't. You should stop posting here, and go find something sharp to ram your face into until you achieve enlightenment.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, nice job.

Go play at kaptainmyke.com if you want off-topic. This is is a tech-oriented website and always has been. if you're not here for tech infomation and help with your car, then you have no reason to be here. This isn't a sandbox.

I don't want to go "play" at kaptainmyke.com because you can't speak of this place at all over there. And there's not that many car guys over there anyway. I am here for the tech, period. I didn't know about the pits when I signed up. It just pissed me off the way it happened, and the way it has become now, but, you still see me here almost everyday for some reason. I guess I've just been here too long to give up on it or something :shrug.
227, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks Yeah it does.. donating. Why would I donate if I feel that way?
Originally posted by DarkOne Go play at kaptainmyke.com if you want off-topic. This is is a tech-oriented website and always has been. if you're not here for tech infomation and help with your car, then you have no reason to be here. This isn't a sandbox.
I don't want to go "play" at kaptainmyke.com because you can't speak of this place at all over there. And there's not that many car guys over there anyway. I am here for the tech, period. I didn't know about the pits when I signed up. It just pissed me off the way it happened, and the way it has become now, but, you still see me here almost everyday for some reason. I guess I've just been here too long to give up on it or something :shrug.
Well if your still learning about shit you should have nothing to bitch about if thats really the reason your here. Donating doesn't have anything to do with voicing a off topic opinion.Your opinions just as welcome on tech related topic as anyone elses so whats the issue?

228, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by DarkOne Go play at kaptainmyke.com if you want off-topic. This is is a tech-oriented website and always has been. if you're not here for tech infomation and help with your car, then you have no reason to be here. This isn't a sandbox.
Well if your still learning about shit you should have nothing to bitch about if thats really the reason your here. Donating doesn't have anything to do with voicing a off topic opinion.Your opinions just as welcome on tech related topic as anyone elses so whats the issue?

Here you go:

www.hookedonphonics.com
225, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs The testing section does not count posts.
Hmm I guess that never got changed. My bad.

Fixed.
229, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Ark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like my Uberingram account got broke off from this. LOL.
230, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ark
Looks like my Uberingram account got broke off from this. LOL.

What happens? I think something is fucked right now with the post count. You had a negative number so maybe that fucked it all up.
231, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Ark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by Ark Looks like my Uberingram account got broke off from this. LOL.
What happens? I think something is fucked right now with the post count. You had a negative number so maybe that fucked it all up.

Bingo. The requirment to post in forums other than the FS Forum is >= 0 I'm assuming. :shrug
232, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by Ark
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by Ark Looks like my Uberingram account got broke off from this. LOL.
Bingo. The requirment to post in forums other than the FS Forum is >= 0 I'm assuming. :shrug

hint, hint.
268, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
umm it doesnt work! Newbs continue to register just to sell shit! a new member today and first post is in for sale section.
269, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
umm it doesnt work! Newbs continue to register just to sell shit! a new member today and first post is in for sale section.

It does work, it's just not turned on.
335, RE: posting in fore sale section = requirements
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ya I tried selling some stuff on DSMTalk with like 20 posts but they got rid of my post saying that I had to have at least 50 before trying to sell stuff =(
I generated this page in 0.010515928268433 seconds, executing 7 queries.