Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectRE: 02 pt eclipse 2.4 lower end, with 97 eclipse 2.0 reverced 420a head
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=1442&mesg_id=1445
1445, RE: 02 pt eclipse 2.4 lower end, with 97 eclipse 2.0 reverced 420a head
Posted by neon11, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is neon11, well i figured it out. when i noticed the cam magnet a 1/4 turn back, i made a bracket and moved the cam sensor back, to no result. dont understand it but i ground the two magnet set ? pins well call them, and moved the magnet clockwise a 1/4 turn.put the sensor where it belonged, and it back fired a little, but didnt fire. so i flipt #1 - #2 and #3 - #4 plug wires, and it fired right up on all four. it had no throtle responce, and i realized i also had to do the same with the inj. plugs. so i extended #2 - #4 about 3" and fliped those as well. the thing runs like a watch. so this combination does work. got this car for free, but im realy a neon racer. won alot of races with them, but always blue up the twin cams, rocker arms, sucked valves. we turn 8000 down the strait with the ecm i have, they wont take it. my goal is, i will build anouther first gen neon coupe, with a 2.4, remove the chain, and ballence shafts, 10 1/2 forged pistons, with the indestrutable single cam head. take out the rt trany, and put a regular 02 neon trany. more tourque, taller gear, motor live, hopefully. we run on a 1/4 mile oval agenst accuras, hondas, vw, eslinger mustangs, and we are mostly in the top three with neon. this season, this eclipse, nothen but a pain in the bobo. but il start next season with it. i hope both posts on this story helps some one out. MOPAR PERFORMENCE
I generated this page in 0.0078320503234863 seconds, executing 6 queries.