Go back to previous topic
Forum name2005 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectMI caravan
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=50&topic_id=326
326, MI caravan
Posted by Esitalon95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was wondering if any of the MI people have talked an more about the caravan down there??? I didnt know if everyone would be heading down there on Friday or what?? Alicia
334, RE: MI caravan
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well as how we are doing it this year, it still may be too early to tell..But as for last year, we basically did it like this..

There were around 5 or so of us from Grand Rapids, and headed out 96 E..We then met up with "etx" in Ann Arbor off of US 23, then headed to Toledo to stop there and meet up with the Chicago people and all the other guys who were with them that came in from southern/western states. Then from Toledo it's about an hour to Norwalk and the hotels..I'm sure we will be doing much of the same this year, and we will prob have the meet up in Toledo Friday, early afternoon/mid afternoon. Once it gets closer, the plans can start being made though..I think the East side people will prob meet again in Ann Arbor at US 23..
335, RE: MI caravan
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That was so sweet when you guys all rolled into that parking lot last year. I can't wait to have my own car there this year. :evilgrin
337, RE: MI caravan
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
That was so sweet when you guys all rolled into that parking lot last year. I can't wait to have my own car there this year. :evilgrin

hell yes it was... There were people staring :P
338, RE: MI caravan
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i might be in this time depending on wether i end up getting a room or not lol
339, RE: MI caravan
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my car isnt going to fuck up on the way this time.
342, RE: MI caravan
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by soulcontroller
my car isnt going to fuck up on the way this time.

i really hope not... it was such a pain to wait in the parking lot for the whole 20 minutes. I can't believe you guys made that great of time considering what happened to your car.
346, RE: MI caravan
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
god that was such a good time...maybe I'll be rock'n a 2.4 then this year :thumbsup...big things planned...hopefully things work out. LOL
364, RE: MI caravan
The last two year that i have went. I get on 23 at 223 just south of blissfild. I would really like to meet you with you guys and ride together. Just let me know if there is a way that you could meet me there or if i have to drive north to ann arbor or something. Also, do you guy already have ur rev. for the hotels?? me and my friend my have to see if someone will let us splet the room cost, cuz we are not going to have enough money. Well just let me know what is going on. See ya guys
alicia
369, RE: MI caravan
I just looked at a map...there is no sence for you to drive all the way up to Ann Arbor. We could probably just meet you at like the Consear Rd. or Sterns Rd. exit. You'd have to trust someone with a cell phone number or something so we could keep in touch though...like when we left Ann Arbor we could give you a call...just to time things out better. Or you could just meet us maumee too. But you would have to get directions from someone else...I just followed last year. I know it near were you get on to 80 though. We meet the Chicago people and other Westerners there.

This whole thing is a while a way yet...things tend to work themselves out once it things get closer.
386, RE: MI caravan
Posted by jesse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hopefully i'll be able to make it this year. probably bring whichever car is faster :7
387, RE: MI caravan
Originally posted by jesse
hopefully i'll be able to make it this year. probably bring whichever car is faster :7

you mean working???
388, RE: MI caravan
Posted by jesse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Originally posted by jesse hopefully i'll be able to make it this year. probably bring whichever car is faster :7
you mean working???

that too ;)
402, RE: MI caravan
Well see if you guy are coming down 23 from ann arbor. I take meet up with 23 and take that to the turnpike. So i would be able to meet up there if it was cool. Yeah i will have a cell phone by the shootout, so i will be able to give it to someone and they can call me and let me know when you guys are leaving. It would be really sweet if i would just meet up with u guys on 23. but if not im will to change plans. Maybe i will be able to bring both of my cars down this year!!!! Well i hope to talk to you all later. Alicia
404, RE: MI caravan
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Esitalon95
Well see if you guy are coming down 23 from ann arbor. I take meet up with 23 and take that to the turnpike. So i would be able to meet up there if it was cool. Yeah i will have a cell phone by the shootout, so i will be able to give it to someone and they can call me and let me know when you guys are leaving. It would be really sweet if i would just meet up with u guys on 23. but if not im will to change plans. Maybe i will be able to bring both of my cars down this year!!!! Well i hope to talk to you all later. Alicia

That's what I did last year. Met up with the GR guys on 23 South. I just sat at the gas station and Matt called me when they were coming up on my exit. It's hard to miss a train of 10 eclipses. ;)
406, RE: MI caravan
Originally posted by etx
It's hard to miss a train of 10 eclipses. ;)

<clears throat> and one Talon :P
413, RE: MI caravan
Yeah Alicia, you can give me your number..it's safe with me ;) Am I being designated as the ringleader of this circus again? haha
423, RE: MI caravan
Originally posted by XtremeRS
Yeah Alicia, you can give me your number..it's safe with me ;) Am I being designated as the ringleader of this circus again? haha

The resident Mod :thumbsup
435, RE: MI caravan
Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by Esitalon95 Well see if you guy are coming down 23 from ann arbor. I take meet up with 23 and take that to the turnpike. So i would be able to meet up there if it was cool. Yeah i will have a cell phone by the shootout, so i will be able to give it to someone and they can call me and let me know when you guys are leaving. It would be really sweet if i would just meet up with u guys on 23. but if not im will to change plans. Maybe i will be able to bring both of my cars down this year!!!! Well i hope to talk to you all later. Alicia
That's what I did last year. Met up with the GR guys on 23 South. I just sat at the gas station and Matt called me when they were coming up on my exit. It's hard to miss a train of 10 eclipses. ;)

Where will u be coming from? Do take 223 to 23 too?
751, RE: MI caravan
Posted by cms, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We will make that 11 cars this year. As I for sure will be joinin the ride!

-Christopher Sanchez
752, RE: MI caravan
Originally posted by cms
We will make that 11 cars this year. As I for sure will be joinin the ride! -Christopher Sanchez

Congrats Chris!!! way to join the shootout bandwagon. Hope to see ur car up and running in Ohio when the chicago crew meets u guys.
753, RE: MI caravan
rock on Chris :thumbsup
779, anything new MI caravan
Ok, has anyone started to look into really planning anything out?? Cuz i need to know if i need to take off from both jobs on friday or when everyone is thinking about heading down there. How many people plan on caravaning down???
Thanks
alicia
780, RE: anything new MI caravan
Originally posted by Esitalon95
Ok, has anyone started to look into really planning anything out?? Cuz i need to know if i need to take off from both jobs on friday or when everyone is thinking about heading down there. How many people plan on caravaning down??? Thanks alicia

We will be leaving on Friday, either mid/late morning, or early afternoon. So you will need to take FRI off..I know some of us plan on staying until Monday morning in Norwalk, as we did last year..I need to get hold of the Chi-town caravan ring leader to figure out the details of meeting up with those guys..
781, RE: anything new MI caravan
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
Originally posted by Esitalon95 Ok, has anyone started to look into really planning anything out?? Cuz i need to know if i need to take off from both jobs on friday or when everyone is thinking about heading down there. How many people plan on caravaning down??? Thanks alicia
We will be leaving on Friday, either mid/late morning, or early afternoon. So you will need to take FRI off..I know some of us plan on staying until Monday morning in Norwalk, as we did last year..I need to get hold of the Chi-town caravan ring leader to figure out the details of meeting up with those guys..

Aren't we going to meet exactly where we meet every year? Same DSS time and same DSS spot. Last years meet up time was good (even with the repair time thrown in for things falling off). We got to Norwalk with plenty of time to prep and race on Friday night.

782, RE: anything new MI caravan
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, everything was cool last year. I sat in Ann Arbor for 2 hours waiting for the GR guys to drive by, heh. Then my car caught on fire. :7
783, RE: anything new MI caravan
Yeah the same spot in Toledo would be just fine..easy to get at, and plenty of room. I swear, this year we will be ON TIME haha..(eh prob not haha)

We all got there at what, around 3:00 or so?? I dont remember exactly..
784, RE: anything new MI caravan
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my car wont break my car wont break my car wont break
792, RE: anything new MI caravan
Well guys, im right im the middle of ann arbor and toledo. So u will just have to let me know where to meet up at. cuz i take 223 to 23 which the people from ann arbor will take 23. well i guess just let me know what is the best. see ya Alicia
I generated this page in 0.037810087203979 seconds, executing 7 queries.