Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subject2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=97557
97557, 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by eclipse9597, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have really been wanting a car that will totally suprise you. I looked at the Howell automotive site and conceptillusions.com, and have come to a conclusion that I want either the Star turbo kit, or the CI turbo kit. I have also noticed the 2.2 stroker engine. I was wondering if anyone has had this engine, built one of these, or knows anything about them. The website doesnt tell very much about it, just the parts that are in it. Does anyone know what the HP is? Torque? how well it will hold a turbo and nitrous? will a stock tranny hold it? Please help me out
97563, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Rather than get all wordy on you, let me, instead, suggest you click on the "Search" button up top and try searching this entire forum for "2.2" or "stroker." There is so much information on this subject, your head could explode.

Read up on things for a bit, then see if this engine will help you towards your goals. There are far too many variables to consider when estimating horsepower for any given engine block - compression ratio, any headwork, cam profiles, fuel and ignition tuning, intake and exhaust, etc.. Throw a turbo into the mix and now you have to further get into fuel and ignition timing in addition to the new areas of study - airflow rates, efficiency maps, octane levels, etc.. Add nitrous to that and you might as well just buy a Z06 from your local Chevy dealer.

Your best bet is to decide what you want to do with the car when you're done with it. Only when you know where you want to be in the end can you decide how to go about getting there. There are no directions without a destination.
97585, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the koans, brian :D

For how much the stroker kit costs, you may as well just swap in a 2.4 IMO.
97586, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
For how much the stroker kit costs, you may as well just swap in a 2.4 IMO.

x2
97587, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Thanks for the koans, brian :D

Always have the time to share quality koans... :wary
97593, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea whats a koan?
97595, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by eclipse9597, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
where could i find a 2.4, and how much of a freakin hassle is that to convert?
97596, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well there was a 2.4L going on the board recently, but it may have sold. The 2.2L stroker is roughly a 10% increase over stock performance. I am running it in my set up and I am very happy with it. I'm currently running 18psi on the star kit and soon hope to be in the 20+ range with the mega squirt. The engine will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. Just be careful with your dealings with the manfacturer. You can search Howell on here to get more info..
97597, RE: 2.2 stroker motor from Howell automotive
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a fully built 2.4 'race motor' ready to be dropped in a car. I bought it for my RS, thought better of it and bought a GSX instead. It should be hotanked, but that's about it. PM me if you want more details. I paid about $2k for it originally.
I generated this page in 0.012493133544922 seconds, executing 7 queries.