Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectcar cranked and then died
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=96644
96644, car cranked and then died
Posted by 98starGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just installed my new motor i was cranking the motor to get oil to the turbo before i fired her up for the first time. so once i went to start her she would only crank. i found a blown fuse the 120a alt fuse. so i replaced it and then the car wouldn't even power up. i check the ground and connector any idea. i have my MS wired in as well, theres just too many variables and i'm not thinkin about of the box so i know i'm missing something easy.
96645, RE: car cranked and then died
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ASD relay? Fuel pump? Is you coil pack plugged in? Have you tried sweet-talking the car into starting?
96647, RE: car cranked and then died
fuel pumps on coil is plugged in, didnt' check the asd relay i'll do that i guess and if not i'll be wispering sweet nothing to her.:-)
96656, RE: car cranked and then died
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If that fuse for the alternator popped on you, I would disconnect the battery again and crawl under the car to visually inspect the connections on the alternator. Just make sure everything is cool down there. You might also double check that your harness is alright too.

After that, I would pull the ASD relay and try reconnecting it. If it still won't work, I guess you could get out the Chilton's to test that the relay is working properly.

Then again, you sure the starter is all wired up right? If you just finger-tightened the nut on the 12V post, it could have intermittent signal lost.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Good luck.
96674, RE: car cranked and then died
i checked the alt and its connections everythings cool. the starter is cool as well. so i guess i'm down to the asd relay. thanks for the suggestions.
I generated this page in 0.012825965881348 seconds, executing 7 queries.