Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subject2 questions For Ya Smart People
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=9423
9423, 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by 1FastEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much Horse power can I expect to gain from adding a GS-T Muffler to my car? What is the best way to start a race in my car. I was told rev to 4000rpms and then drop the clutch. Is this true. Thanks guys
9424, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
expect about 5 hp gain...not too much. I tried to start a race by revving to 4000 and dumping it but all i do is spin my tires...i say slip the clutch and at 2000 dump it! havent tried it yet cause my clutch is broken :-)!
9425, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
gst muff= ~5 hp

to launch, i rev to 3k-3500 rpms and let clutch out easy until i roll, keeping the rpms up and then dump it.

hope that helps
9426, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just rev to 3g's dump the clutch and stomp on iti get a little wheel spin but it goes away and i'm off. depends on clutch life and tires mostly. i wouldn't slip the clutch that wears it out bad and your clutch disk turns into cat hair
9427, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the muffler is about 5 hp, but it does help the car breathe better at the top end.

the best launch is (in my opinion) rev to just a hair above 4K and let the clutch out easy, sort of in between a slip and a dump (like you normally would on the street) and modulate the throttle so you only chirp the tires (don't spin them). that will give you a good honda beating launch :)
9428, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by wakebord99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When i was completely stock, w/pritty bad tires i launched at 2300 rpm's and dropped the clutch, it was perfect.. just enough slip to keep it in the powerband, yet not too much.

When to 225 yokohoma's on 16" wheels, and i launched at 2500 rpm, and the same effect.

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track)
HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat
16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40)
420A engine w/ tooled crank, billet crower rods, and 8.5:1 JE pistons
Head ported and polished, 3 angled valve job
Power-stop brakes w/axis pads
Ebachi Pro lowering kit (1.8")
MSD DIS-2 ignition system w/turbo retard

Near Future:
Stand-alone fuel system
550cc injectors, and fuel rail
TEC III fuel/ecu system
17” Hart racing wheels
KYB AGX struts, w/ upgraded anti sway bars
Rear brake conversion (front to rear, Brembo in front)

I LOVE THESE DSMs
Jay-
wakbrd99@aol.com

9429, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when i launch I stomp the gas and start to slip the clutch, as i would in regular driving, when I reach 4000rpm. The tires do a little chirping but there is no dramatic burnout, I just take off. I havent launched like this in a racing situation, all of mine have been from a roll, but i do practice my launching every now and then and that seems to work out best.
9430, RE: 2 questions For Ya Smart People
Posted by Mummer12, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I feather the gas pedal and let the clutch out a little lass than 3k. I do this because the wheel hop makes you lose torque. But I sometimes drop it at 3xxx buy it all depends on the moment.
I generated this page in 0.011354923248291 seconds, executing 7 queries.