Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjecthorsepower?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=93537
93537, horsepower?
Posted by 97RSEclipse23, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs...http://www.mainsitepage.conceptillusions.com/ ....go the head porting...Stage 3 Head Porting...now im gonna do stage 3 but i have a CAI and i have a OBX TYPE R Cat Back Exhaust System....now im not gonna get a turbo at the moment but will this setup work on my car without the turbo...also i wanted to know how much horsepower i would have if i did the stage 3 porting, CAI, exhaust, cams, headers, and Throttle body..

thank u very much

93538, RE: horsepower?
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get on a dyno and find out for sure.
93541, RE: horsepower?
Posted by ProjectTalon420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do a search, Some guy did a complete setup without turbo and got nearly NOTHING out of it. Read up.
93544, RE: horsepower?
Posted by talon420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea I would just save up and drop on a turbo kit... Its Only 2800 for a star stage 2
93546, RE: horsepower?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You would probably roll 150 whp on the dyno.........maybe.

EDIT: No, prolly more around the tune of 135.
93547, RE: horsepower?
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea it's not gonna be thattt fast, might be able to take a few more hondas but nothing extreme, like you said its only 2800 for a star kit, seriously man just keep saving, you won't regret it
93548, RE: horsepower?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wonder where they get the horsepower estimates for each "stage" of portwork. If it depends on other engine modifications, what other modifications are they talking about? Methinks a turbo. Considering the head is half the engine and there's not much else you can do to the rest of the engine aside from a different CR piston, I/H/E, I would highly doubt you see those kinds of gains from that sort of thing.

Not to beat a dead horse, but given the stories about simple things like EGR block-off plates being fucked up and that turbo kit that's being posted all over the place, I can safely say this is not the shop I would want taking a die-grinder to my head. No way in hell.

If you've got I/H/E/UDP done, the next step is to get inside the engine. Realize that any money you invest at this next level is monto sell it. I would only get this sort of shit done if you are dead-set on keeping the car long term.

As for what sort of numbers to expect, expect to have to go to a shop, strap that bitch to a dyno and report back.
93549, RE: horsepower?
Oh yeah. One more thing...

il·lu·sion n.

A. An erroneous perception of reality.
B. An erroneous concept or belief.
2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.

Not saying anything about the company in general, but maybe not the most reassuring name, in my opinion.
93550, RE: horsepower?
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Oh yeah. One more thing... il·lu·sion n. 1. A. An erroneous perception of reality. B. An erroneous concept or belief. 2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief. 3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception. Not saying anything about the company in general, but maybe not the most reassuring name, in my opinion.

Lollers. So...

Concept = idea = clue

Illusion = erroneous belief

do a little shuffling and

Does that mean they have NO IDEA/ CLUE!!! ??

Tagline: Now thats a They have No Clue turbo kit!
93551, RE: horsepower?
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not to ride the dead horse but roughly 2 months ago their EGR plates were perfect.

93552, RE: horsepower?
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with Kain I installed my EGR plate from them in July while on R&R and it was perfect.
93557, RE: horsepower?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kain_99gs
Not to ride the dead horse but roughly 2 months ago their EGR plates were perfect.

Yea so were mine....that I made in 25 minutes.
93563, RE: horsepower?
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow you guys are really bothered by concept, i understand the frustration as many people reported bad work done and super slow ship times, i however had several transactions with them and had no problems, this doesnt make them perfect but to me i see no fault, and as for there turbo kit, the main part of a kit is the turbo, they have a garret t3 not one of the biggest but a good turbo none the less, they are selling a name brand fmu and a good fuel pump and an oil feed line kit. i mean its not a total kit but i think bang for buck your not really getting a bad deal. Also from what ive seen there manifolds seem to be as good as anyother you find on ebay. maybe im way off here but when you buy a star or hahn kit isnt there alot of parts you wind up replacing because they are not up to par? Hahns kit is my number 1 choice but i really dont think concept illusions kit is a dead issue, the turbo is made by garret not them and the mani i believe is also made elsewhere, the rest is piping
93566, RE: horsepower?
Originally posted by joeck76
as for there turbo kit...

There is considerable difference between a bolt-on turbo kit and headwork. Any half-drunk tuner with a set of sockets and a Saturday can install a turbo kit, but it takes an experienced hand to perform port work like that. I've not found any machinists who will quote you horsepower gains based on port work without also providing documentation of before and after results. Simply put, I would not have half my engine be physically and permanently modified by someone who has more claims than actual results and with a track record of sketchy products and service. Sorry.

93577, RE: horsepower?
agree with you 100% about that brian but for people to say there turbo kit is crap because their machine work is not up to par is a little over board to me, like i said they dont actually make the turbo, manifold, fmu, fuel pump, they just box it up and send it with their homemade piping which is the least expensive part, so i was just saying i dont think its crap because garret is a well known reliable name with turbos. but i agree with the machining of a head or block, should be done by a shop that specializes in that and that alone. i know when i got my head work done is was done right because i sent it to the best, and we all know exile is known for doing things right. however when i did my throttlebody and egr block off concept did it and i saw no defects of any kind mentioned, but again it all goes back to who does the actual work, sean did mine alot of people with problems reported there stuff was done by new people. who knows. anyone who has had problems with them has a right to feel the way they do, and anyone who hasent like myself has a right to feel the way i do. sorry if my last post was misunderstood i was just making a point that there turbo kit is not crap because there service is not up to par at times
joe
93601, RE: horsepower?
Posted by 97RSEclipse23, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alright thanks guys...is that concept stage 1 kit worth it or no...i mean i dont wanna spend 3200$ for a turbo kit...i just want somting to make my car a little bit faster...if anyone has this turbo kit on there car please tell me about it..or PM me...thanks guys
93621, RE: horsepower?
Originally posted by joeck76
agree with you 100% about that brian but for people to say there turbo kit is crap because their machine work is not up to par is a little over board to me,

Okay, Joe. You got a bit confused. I'm not saying their turbo is crap because their machine work is not up to par. I'm saying, given the consistant sketchiness of both their products and business practices, I would not send any part of my perfectly functional engine to them for permanent modification. Their claims of 30-50hp+ without having documentation to back it up are just the icing on the cake. If the turbo system that was featured here recently looked like it had a bit more thought put into it and there weren't entire threads dedicated to how long it took them (regardless of who performed the work) to get a simple EGR block-off plate right, I might not be so verbal about things. I just don't want to see someone new get hosed on something as serious as port work.

No big whoop.
93623, RE: horsepower?
agreed, sorry i was mislead but i wasent talking about you in general the fact you made about the machine work was correct and i agreed with you, i was just making a general opinion that i agree with everyones comments about shipping and machine work and egr kits, we have all seen the good and the bad, mostly bad. i wasent directing my statment to you i was just saying to whoever calls there kit crap look at the facts and what the kit is made of, service=crap agreed
shipping crap agreed, machine work crap= neutral turbo kit crap= disagree garret is proven so is walbro and vortech, sorry if i seemed to be jumping on you but thats not what it was, no water under the bridge, i know you know your stuff.
end of discussion
joe
I generated this page in 0.014910936355591 seconds, executing 7 queries.