Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectexile racing?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=92787
92787, exile racing?
Posted by bloodyangel1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does anyone know how i can get a hold of them on the phone, i tried callin the 847-478-1345 number, but it rings and rings, and they dont answer my emails. i wanna get a P&P head from them, but wanna talk with someone to figure out all i can do to it and how much it would all cost. if anyone knows, please tell me
92788, RE: exile racing?
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If that is the number posted on their website then that's the number!! They keep weird hours at the shop because they all work regular jobs and work there in the evenings. Try later on a friday night or saturday evening. You are more likely to catch them there. I can't garauntee they will still answer the phone though. Leave them a detailed message or an e-mail and they will get back to you at their earliest convinience. I would suggest being VERY VERY patient with them because they are insanely backed up right now.
92789, RE: exile racing?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
I would suggest being VERY VERY patient with them because they are insanely backed up right now.

ERT = :thumbsup
92793, RE: exile racing?
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 I would suggest being VERY VERY patient with them because they are insanely backed up right now.

I'm suprised you didn't mention eddy fiero :P
92794, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 I would suggest being VERY VERY patient with them because they are insanely backed up right now.

Well, Eddy is the porting master for the 420A (He ported my head for ERT). He's been porting 420As for years upon years now. Thing is, last time I saw him (early August) he said that he and his brother are busy shopping for an actual store front to set up shop. He's got so much work going on right now, he's actually turning people away in order to make sure he meets all his deadlines. Eddy is good people. So is ERT. ERT built my head and it is the sweetest part I ever installed on Daisy.

I just wish they'd get me an ERT decal to put on the car. ;)
92798, RE: exile racing?
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by micyek
Well, Eddy is the porting master for the 420A (He ported my head for ERT). He's been porting 420As for years upon years now. Thing is, last time I saw him (early August) he said that he and his brother are busy shopping for an actual store front to set up shop. He's got so much work going on right now, he's actually turning people away in order to make sure he meets all his deadlines. Eddy is good people. So is ERT. ERT built my head and it is the sweetest part I ever installed on Daisy. I just wish they'd get me an ERT decal to put on the car. ;)

How hard do you have to scrub your nose every night? In all those pics from the shootout it wasn't THAT brown. lol.
92799, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by djtrickee
How hard do you have to scrub your nose every night? In all those pics from the shootout it wasn't THAT brown. lol.

I know that, by responding to your comments, deej, I'm only perpetuating your jocularity, but I do not care. I love seeing what you have to say. You're like a smart version of Gil. You really bug a lot of other members on this site, but I just get a laugh out of your commentary.
:cheers

/scrubs nose again
92807, RE: exile racing?
so ert is good then? and should i mention this site, or someone from it, and say u guys recommended me or anything like that?
92808, RE: exile racing?
Posted by Max-Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, mention you are a 2gnt.com member... i just realized I didn't do that in the email i sent them for a quote :( that was over a week ago though... no response yet... i guess I'll give them another week or two
92809, RE: exile racing?
Of the three guys that work there, two of them are on this forum. They'll see this thread and say something, I'm sure.

And yes, they are worth the wait.
92811, RE: exile racing?
im tryin to get their P&P head by the end of next week,or beginning of the week after, but i guess by the way u guys talk about them, it will take way longer than that, i hope not, my car has been outta commission for 2 weeks already, i miss her. and what r the names of the guys on this forum that work there?
92815, RE: exile racing?
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I recommend Nick at NRGY Heads (www.nrgyheads.com)... he's doing my 420A head for the new race engine I'm building. Eddie and ERT are *always* backed up and it's impossible to get timely customer service out of them.
92816, RE: exile racing?
nrgy seems a little expensive, and it seems i have to send them my head, is that right? ert seems to have a better package on their head jobs, nrgy uses the same valves and all, thats not good is it
92820, RE: exile racing?
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Exile racing is certainly one of the shops you need to do business with. I can't say enough about how good the port work came out on my cylinder head :thumbsup :D
92909, RE: exile racing?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VX100
Exile racing is certainly one of the shops you need to do business with...

Definately. I've seen a lot of DSM/Neon/420A startups, including GotTude, New Edge Racing, Lee's Megasquirt thing, etc... and Exile was one of the few that actually made it and is still in buisness with a good reputation.
92822, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by dougie2
I recommend Nick at NRGY Heads (www.nrgyheads.com)... he's doing my 420A head for the new race engine I'm building. Eddie and ERT are *always* backed up and it's impossible to get timely customer service out of them.

NRGY is here in Phoenix. I considered them when I was head shopping. I sent in an email and never got a response. If did get a response, it certainly wasn't memorable. :shrug

As for ERT, I emailed Mike with some basic questions and he answered them when he had a chance. We spoke on the phone a couple times prior to the order, and we figured out just what I needed to meet my goals. I sent them a core, a paypalled them the money, they delivered exactly what I ordered and more.

My head was subcontracted out to Eddy Fierro, who is also local, as the machinist they had at the time of my order sort of flaked out on them and they wanted to get my head ported right. Eddy has been doing this for a long time and is more concerned with quality over quantity. As for someone who is "impossible" to get timely service from, you speak for yourself, there, chief. I've called him on a Tuesday afternoon and scheduled a Friday night appointment to pull up at his house, pull my TB off the car, and wait for him to bore it for me. Then it started raining. I bet anyone else would have said, "tough luck. It's raining, so we'll have to finish this tomorrow, call someone to come and get you," but Eddy found a way to bring the tools he needed under the patio (he's got some basic machine equipment outside under a shade canopy since it rarely, if ever, rains here) and would not give the TB back to me to even look at until it was perfect. Mind you, it's now about 10pm on a Friday night and we're getting the heaviest monsoon rain I've seen in three years now, and we're out in the street, Eddy holding an umbrella to try and keep the rain off my engine as I'm installing the TB. He held the flashlight for me and even stood there to make sure the car idled and ran right afterwards. That's service you just don't get from most vendors.

When someone on any 2GNT forum asks for a vendor recommendation, I will always say ERT and Eddy Fierro. I've dealt with others, and this is the only way I'll go from now on.
92829, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by dougie2 I recommend Nick at NRGY Heads (www.nrgyheads.com)... he's doing my 420A head for the new race engine I'm building. Eddie and ERT are *always* backed up and it's impossible to get timely customer service out of them.
NRGY is here in Phoenix. I considered them when I was head shopping. I sent in an email and never got a response. If did get a response, it certainly wasn't memorable. :shrug As for ERT, I emailed Mike with some basic questions and he answered them when he had a chance. We spoke on the phone a couple times prior to the order, and we figured out just what I needed to meet my goals. I sent them a core, a paypalled them the money, they delivered exactly what I ordered and more. My head was subcontracted out to Eddy Fierro, who is also local, as the machinist they had at the time of my order sort of flaked out on them and they wanted to get my head ported right. Eddy has been doing this for a long time and is more concerned with quality over quantity. As for someone who is "impossible" to get timely service from, you speak for yourself, there, chief. I've called him on a Tuesday afternoon and scheduled a Friday night appointment to pull up at his house, pull my TB off the car, and wait for him to bore it for me. Then it started raining. I bet anyone else would have said, "tough luck. It's raining, so we'll have to finish this tomorrow, call someone to come and get you," but Eddy found a way to bring the tools he needed under the patio (he's got some basic machine equipment outside under a shade canopy since it rarely, if ever, rains here) and would not give the TB back to me to even look at until it was perfect. Mind you, it's now about 10pm on a Friday night and we're getting the heaviest monsoon rain I've seen in three years now, and we're out in the street, Eddy holding an umbrella to try and keep the rain off my engine as I'm installing the TB. He held the flashlight for me and even stood there to make sure the car idled and ran right afterwards. That's service you just don't get from most vendors. When someone on any 2GNT forum asks for a vendor recommendation, I will always say ERT and Eddy Fierro. I've dealt with others, and this is the only way I'll go from now on.

well how can i get a hold of eddie, i called a few times, left a few messages and emails too, but nothing. and also how much did it cost for the work you got done? and do i have to send a core, or do they already have cores to work on, then when i get theirs in, i send them mine, do they do that as well?
92827, RE: exile racing?
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I can vouche for Nick as well. Full race port on my B16 head and it was the best craftsmanship I have ever seen. He also works on the myriad of Chrysler heads as well as Mitsubishi heads. Nick will always leave you as a satisfied customer. A friend of mine had headwork done with him and for some reason a valve let go into the cylinder. Obvious defect from the valve maker but Nick did all the labor for the replacement head for FREE. You get what you pay for and NRGY is well known in the racing community regardless of platform.
92836, RE: exile racing?
if i was to buy ert's P&P head right now, how long would it take to get it? and do i have to send a core, or do they have cores already to work on, then i sned them mine when i get theirs?
92843, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by bloodyangel1
if i was to buy ert's P&P head right now, how long would it take to get it? and do i have to send a core, or do they have cores already to work on, then i sned them mine when i get theirs?

These are all questions to be answered by the vendor you end up going with. I would suggest you slap your head back on so you can drive the car now and find a core so you minimize downtime regardless of vendor. Headwork is an art. You don't drop your head off in the morning and pick it up after school. I would expect it to take a minimum of two weeks plus transit time.

You can get it cheap, fast, or right. Pick any two.
92848, RE: exile racing?
i pretty much only have money for the head i plan on buying, so i cant afford a spare to send out to them, and i do think i will go with ert, they seem to be better, and r basically a dsm shop, so im sure they know what they r doin on the 420a heads, i just cant get a hold of them, its rather annoying :shrug
92849, RE: exile racing?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Try and get hold of the ERT guys in the evening. They work day jobs away from the shop, and are usually there in the evenings/night. You prob won't have much luck during the daytime..
92850, RE: exile racing?
Posted by jesse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my suggestion for anyone trying to contact ERT is to just be patient. Sandman(steve) told me he usually gets over 200 emails a day and he just doesn't have time to get to them all. he tries his best but with as many cars as they have in the shop and basically only 2 people doing the work, they have a hard time keeping up. Like previously said, try the phone in the evenings or on weekends
92851, RE: exile racing?
by evening, do u mean like now, almost 10 here, is that a good time to call?
92888, RE: exile racing?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike and Steve are in the shop after 7pm Illinois time, they are there on weekends but the cars that are there have them tied up unable to answer the phone. I am off work wed & Thursday, if no answers for you I can stop by the shop and get you some numbers ect. Send me a copy of the email you sent them and i will get numbers from steve and Mike. Most all thier prices are on thier site, so I am not sure what else you are looking for, detail that in your email.

Terry
92903, RE: exile racing?
hey star, just wondering if u got my email, and if u r still goin up to their shop tonight for me, lemme know, thanx
92917, RE: exile racing?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dominic, I've got your cell number and will try to get a hold of you tonight or tomorrow.

Exile Racing Technologies
http://www.exileracing.com
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.
93383, RE: exile racing?
i sent my head out to exile 2 weeks ago, and they got it last wednesday, and i havent heard anything from them. i sent mike a couple emailsand even tried calling him, but nuthing. i really need to talk to him, but cant, what should i do?
93390, RE: exile racing?
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i sent my head out to exile 2 weeks ago, and they got it last wednesday, and i havent heard anything from them. i sent mike a couple emailsand even tried calling him, but nuthing. i really need to talk to him, but cant, what should i do?

Look at the post right above yours...post what your prob is and maybe he'll see it on here considering how busy they seem to be.
93391, RE: exile racing?
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I don't understand why you don't read posts when people are responding to you. You ask a question then ask the same question agian after 10 people have answered your question.. It's quite obnoxious actually.
DR1665 responded to one of your posts stating expect 2 weeks turn around once they *have the head. That does NOT include the time the head spends in transit. By you saying it got there last wednesday only indicates to me that you have waited a week or less.
I can't stress enough how much patience is a virtue in this hobby. You want a response within 10 seconds of your post/email/phone call. You and 1000 other people want that same kind of response time with every vendor. It's not possible!

I would highly suggest that you be patient with ERT, they know what they are doing and will send you your head when it's done. Don't push them to do it any faster.. They have a schedule and try to stick by it the best they can. They are completely indifferent to you and the 100' other heads they are porting and polishing. They aren't putting yours back to do someone elses or moving yours ahead of schedule because you bug them 20 times a day.

I know mike personally, as well as steve. They are both great guys and put forth 110% effort into every customer they service. All they ask is that you be patient and understanding that things take time.

93392, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
I know mike personally, as well as steve. They are both great guys and put forth 110% effort into every customer they service. All they ask is that you be patient and understanding that things take time.

While I don't know Steve personally, he and I have had more than a couple conversations on the phone about things. ;)

You can have it fast, right, or cheap, but you can only pick two.

If you want something fast, it will be either cheap or right.

For the record, I have bought the following from ERT:
+1mm SI valves
PTC lifters
PTC lash adjusters/followers
Crower valve springs
Crower Titanium valve spring retainers
5 angle valve job
full race port
custom Venolia forged pistons :wavy (Hey, Steve.)

And I just left Michael a voicemail this afternoon that I need to get another set of cams within the week. When he gets a chance, he'll call me back and we'll do business.

Just be patient. You will get what you ordered and it will be done correctly. It will perform as promised.
93396, RE: exile racing?
im not worried about when it will be done, he told me 2 weeks, and this wednesday will be 2 weeks, the reason i was tryin to get a hold of him is because i want to add stage 2 crower cams to my package, and dont want him to ship me my head without adding the cams, and giving me the total price, i want it all done at once. i sent him 3 emails about the time he got the head, up until now, like i said about 2 weeks now, and left him a message on the phone, u guys flip out on me acting like u know what the problem is, acting like i wanna talk to him to tell him to send me my head back already, but no, thats not the case, u r assuming the worst out of the situation, and i dont appreciate it, i didnt ask for ur assumptions, and comments, all i asked was if anyone another way to get a hold of them to talk to mike cuz it was important
93401, RE: exile racing?
all i asked was if anyone another way to get a hold of them to talk to mike cuz it was important

Yeah. It's called walking through the front door and saying, "What's up, fellas?" Otherwise, phone and email are your best bet.

And would it kill you to use the shift key or spell out words like "because?" :rolleyes
93406, RE: exile racing?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I responded to your e-mail about the additions you wanted and making two payments, did you not receive that e-mail? Send me an e-mail if there's anything you need straightened out and/or confirm you received my e-mail.

For turn around I said a few weeks not two.

Exile Racing Technologies
http://www.exileracing.com
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.
93425, RE: exile racing?
Hey Mike, I resent you that email that I was talkin about, when you get the chance, check it out for me, and let me know if you can do that for me, thanx
94054, RE: exile racing?
im starting to get worried, its been a month and a half, and i dont think they have finished my head yet, i sent them all the money, and mike sent me an email sayin he would have it sent out by the end of last week, and if he did, i should have recieved it a few days ago, so im concerned, and its impossible to get a hold of them too, sent a few emails, called a few times, left a few messages, not sure what else to do...
94055, RE: exile racing?
I can guarentee you Mike or Steve have not screwwed you. IF it was shipped end of last week then your only a week's worth of shipping. UPS can take a week and a half. If you dont have it by next wed then I will get a hold of one of them and find out but i can guarentee they are not going to screw you. Knowing both of them personally i KNOW this.

Terry
94057, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I can guarentee you Mike or Steve have not screwwed you. IF it was shipped end of last week then your only a week's worth of shipping. UPS can take a week and a half. If you dont have it by next wed then I will get a hold of one of them and find out but i can guarentee they are not going to screw you. Knowing both of them personally i KNOW this. Terry

Ditto.

PS - Terry, ask Mike if he could check on my cams while you're there. ;) Tell Steve I'm getting antsy. Hehe. :+
94061, RE: exile racing?
ok i will wait a little longer, but i actually think they arent done with my head yet, cuz about a month ago he said they had the intake ports done, and exhaust need done, and it needed to go to the machine shop, and to be built, and he said the same thing 2 weeks ago, so thats probably why i havent got it yet cuz they aint done with it, and also from where they r at, shippin only takes 2-3 days to get to me, i called ups to find out, im just gettin worried, and the fact that i been walkin to work for 2 months, and its raining/snowing here now dont help much either...
94065, RE: exile racing?
i been walkin to work for 2 months, and its raining/snowing here now dont help much either...

LMFAO. Now THAT is dedication. You have to understand that ERT is also at the mercy of their suppliers. There are things that can be beyond their control. If they consistently get hosed by a vendor, they will try to avoid using them. For some bizarre twist of fate, I waited nearly seven months for my custom pistons last year. Shit happens, and it happens at any vendor, but the difference is the quality you get in the end. Downtime sucks balls, I know, but you will not be disappointed when you open that box up and see your head. It's going to be like Christmas. Hopefully it will be before Christmas, but it's going to be sweet.

Originally posted by cougar694u
New cams?

I bought run4cvr a set of C2Ts. Although I'm seriously thinking C3s for Daisy before the Shootout next year. I imagine they'll be fine for a 2500 mile highway cruise. As soon as I get X68 up and running, I can tune the shit out of Daisy and not worry if she's not ready for work in the morning. }(
94070, RE: exile racing?
but you will not be disappointed when you open that box up and see your head. It's going to be like Christmas. Hopefully it will be before Christmas, but it's going to be sweet.

i know what u mean, i walk home everyday and hope to see a big box sittin on my doorstep, and open it up to see $1500 of pure happiness, but not yet :( i hope soon, i cant wait to hear her purr once again
94071, RE: exile racing?
$1500 of pure happiness

That much, eh? I'm sure it will look something like this.

+1mm SI stainless valves, Crower Springs, Crower Ti retainers, PTC lifters/follwers.

Chillin with C2s and a race port.

I don't know if you've got cams or not, but I'm telling you right now, you're going to shit the first time you wind her out past five grand with all that shit done. It's sweet. :thumbsup

94072, RE: exile racing?
Driggs... show some pics of the intake/ex ports or thde bowl work. Also, did they do anything to the combustion chamber?
94184, RE: exile racing?
Driggs... show some pics of the intake/ex ports or thde bowl work. Also, did they do anything to the combustion chamber?

No bowl work that I'm aware of. Same for the combustion chamber. If Eddy did anything in there, I was too green to think to take pictures of it at the time.

Intake port detail:

Exhaust port detail:

Intake mani detail (injector "hump" removal & gasket match):

well lets see, i got the regular P&P with 3 angle valve job, SS valves, Ti springs and retainers, and stage 2 crowers, and of course the head milled.

That's pretty close to my set up. I have the race port, +1mm valves, and a 5 angle.

how do u think it will be with all that done?

All I can say is, I really miss my old AFX/R ECU. She's a whole 'nother animal once she hits four grand and I come up on the factory rev limiter pretty damn quick after that. Power comes on smoothly around 4000rpm and she was still pulling when the AFX shut me down at 8000rpm. I've heard people speculate that the GST axle-back is good to 250hp, but I seem to be choked by it when I get on it down low. This head flows. Once I get my lazy ass to finish the MSnS install, I will be strapping her to a dyno to see what she makes. I know it won't be much, but it's sure fun merging onto the highway these days. }(
94075, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by bloodyangel1 $1500 of pure happiness
That much, eh? I'm sure it will look something like this. +1mm SI stainless valves, Crower Springs, Crower Ti retainers, PTC lifters/follwers. Chillin with C2s and a race port. I don't know if you've got cams or not, but I'm telling you right now, you're going to shit the first time you wind her out past five grand with all that shit done. It's sweet. :thumbsup

well lets see, i got the regular P&P with 3 angle valve job, SS valves, Ti springs and retainers, and stage 2 crowers, and of course the head milled. so how do u think it will be with all that done? and man, u got me so excited when u said im gona shit myself once i get passed five grand, ooooh i cant wait, cmon baby, get here soon, please tell me u r in transit
94200, RE: exile racing?
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bought run4cvr a set of C2Ts. Although I'm seriously thinking C3s for Daisy before the Shootout next year. I imagine they'll be fine for a 2500 mile highway cruise.

I'm buying a set of the 3's also, they should be on the way.
94205, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by DR1665 I bought run4cvr a set of C2Ts. Although I'm seriously thinking C3s for Daisy before the Shootout next year. I imagine they'll be fine for a 2500 mile highway cruise.

Sweet! I thought Nate or someone around here had a set up for sale. I won't be getting mine until late spring/early summer. I think they will be fine for a drive to the Shootout. As long as I have a good month to do some tuning and get her on the dyno, I'll be satisfied.

Daily drivability be damned! }(
94213, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by DR1665 I bought run4cvr a set of C2Ts. Although I'm seriously thinking C3s for Daisy before the Shootout next year. I imagine they'll be fine for a 2500 mile highway cruise.
Sweet! I thought Nate or someone around here had a set up for sale. I won't be getting mine until late spring/early summer. I think they will be fine for a drive to the Shootout. As long as I have a good month to do some tuning and get her on the dyno, I'll be satisfied. Daily drivability be damned! }(

I don't know what I was thinking, I meant crane 18's, which are similar, more duration on exhaust, but less lift.

I bought Nate's C3's a while back, then sold them (to satal95) cuz I needed money, who sold them on here because he blew the motor on his car before he installed them.
94062, RE: exile racing?
ask Mike if he could check on my cams while you're there.

You're changing cams?
94207, RE: exile racing?
has anyone got a hold of mike or steve yet, i still havent gotten my head yet, or any word from them sayin its done, or its on its way or anything, im really gettin worried now :shrug
94208, RE: exile racing?
I will try to get a hold of one of them tues or wed
94212, RE: exile racing?
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I will try to get a hold of one of them tues or wed

Thanks, Terry. :thumbsup
94343, RE: exile racing?
man this is freakin ridiculous, 2 months and still nothing, and all they can do is gimme stupid excuses why i havent got my head yet, first he says steve who does head porting wasnt there, then he was gonna send it out 2.5 wks ago, then the machine shop was really busy and even tho he said turn around time would only be 1 day, then he doesnt even know whats goin on with my head, he doesnt know if its done, if its bein worked on, where its at, then mike's brother has a wedding coming up soon, and he doesnt know which was is up, this is no way to run a business, if they cant have ppl knowin what they r doing, have ppl who can work for them to get the job done, and know whats goin on, then they shouldnt be in business, and everyone tells me i should call the better business bureau on them, and im about to cuz he said a few weeks, not a few months, and im fed up with this, if they knew it wasnt gonna be 2-3 weeks like he said, he never should have said it in the first place. they act like this is a joke, and they can keep toying with me like this, well its not funny, and something is about to be done...
94344, RE: exile racing?
I hate to say I told you so, but.....

Eddie and ERT are *always* backed up and it's impossible to get timely customer service out of them.

You pretty much knew before you sent the head to them. I told you, plus you knew that they are not a real business... just a few guys doing stuff on the side... it's not their "day job".

Personally, I wouldn't have sent them anything considering that you couldn't even get them to return e-mails or calls before you sent the head. Regardless, though... that really sucks. And you're right, it's no way to run a business. If a company can't afford to have someone pick up the the phone when it rings and manage customer service, then they shouldn't be in business in the first place. I don't give a damn if it is custom porting, I know that custom parts take time... it's the complete lack of customer service that is so unfair. It's very unethical and not very business-like to take a customer's parts and/or money and not keep them informed of delays. At least be able to return a simple e-mail!

I feel for ya, buddy... but you were aware of the warning signs before you sent them anything.
94421, RE: exile racing?
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
any update on this?

I'm in the market for a built short block, and they were on the top of the list due to howells ungodly slow serivce...is there anyone else out there I should be checking out?
94424, RE: exile racing?
If you are on a time schedule or in a hurry thne you should just order the parts either froma machine shop or ebay or whatever and build te motor yourself.

Terry
94442, RE: exile racing?
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I figured I'd chime in. I've met Mike... and the other unmentioned member of the ERT team. Both guys are cool as hell. Hell, Mike even brought me to Home Depot one time for bolts when I was putting his old exhaust on my car, and he even helped me put it on... along with Star Turbo Talon!!! (and Mike, if you read this, I get good comments on it all the time).

I for one will definitely be going to ERT for my head work... I don't care how long they take, I will buy a core just to send to them so I can drive my car in the meantime. You can't rush quality.

94451, RE: exile racing?
actually i got an email from steve the other day, i am gettin my head tomorrow, and he threw in bead blasting, which he said costs an additional $60, he did it for free to show their appreciation and to ease any tension i might have had towards them for takin to long.
94474, RE: exile racing?
well i got my head today, and am impressed other than the fact that they DID NOT polish my ports, they may have gasket matched them, but they r not polished, i am very mad at this cuz i paid for it, but they didnt do it...what should i do about this? i would attach a picture to show u but i cant figure out how to put one on here
94543, RE: exile racing?
well i got my head today, and am impressed other than the fact that they DID NOT polish my ports, they may have gasket matched them, but they r not polished, i am very mad at this cuz i paid for it, but they didnt do it...what should i do about this? i would attach a picture to show u but i cant figure out how to put one on here

Okay, dude. Nobody actually polishes the ports. Do you want them to look right or work right? Port and polish might have meant polish things up in the past, but you're not supposed to have a mirror finish in the end, if that's what you're thinking. Did you not look at the ports on my head in these pictures?

That is the head the day I got it. If you polish the intake ports to a mirror shine, the atomized fuel will want to stick to it and pool up. Can you say bang? I have never heard of anyone saying anything that ERT did was wrong. Yes, it will take some time, but they just don't send out some half-assed shit.

And finally, I know you're frustrated at how long things took and wanted to vent, but for God's sake, post at an eighth grade level, will you? When you don't capitalize, use punctuation, or spell out simple words like "you're" and "are" you make yourself look like a dooshnozzle and nobody is interested in bothering with a whiny dipshit. I have spent a good ten out of the last 20 months waiting for shit from ERT. I've dropped more with them than some people paid for their entire fucking car and I would whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone on this forum for any product/service they offer. I ordered a set of Crower 2T cams from them shortly after you ordered your head. They still have not arrived. Do you see me pissing and moaning? No. Mike, Steve, and Chris (although I don't think Bitchhands is there anymore) are people I know personally, and I know that, if something takes a while to happen, they have good reason for it. They are doing everything they can to make sure every customer gets exactly what they asked for.

Moral of the story? If it came to you from ERT, it was done right the first time.
94549, RE: exile racing?
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*smooch smooch

Wait. I thought you were in bed with Fierro not ERT. I'm confuzled as to whose ass you are kissing now-a-days?

94563, RE: exile racing?
Posted by SANDMAN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The ports are ported and polished, all casting flash is removed and the shape remains the same All street ports are smoothed, not reshaped. Intake ports are left with a 60-80 grit finish for fuel atomization (polishing these ports leads to fuel puddles), the exhaust ports are 120grit. There is no “polish” on street ports or even race ports with the exception of the exhaust side being 500-600 grit finish. Run your fingers in there, smooth.

I assure you the entire intake and exhaust ports have been redone and if you’d like I can send before pictures of what the port looked like before the job started compared to a head I have here which was just redone with no porting at all. The difference is night and day and I’m sure you’ll notice the difference when the head is on the car. We’ve done quite a few ported heads, but never have we sent out a street port and the few we have done were for engine builds here. Most have been race ported which are much different in technique when it comes to port shape and finish.
I generated this page in 0.017179012298584 seconds, executing 7 queries.