Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectHere Is My Problem ....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=88780
88780, Here Is My Problem ....
Posted by ColtsNumba1Fan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
...Whats up everybody? Anyways ... It seems my 96 is using ALOT of oil, I last changed oil about 3-4 weeks ago but probably close to 1000 miles if that was put on it, and yesterday my oil light came on, i checked it, it was low, had to add a quart ... Anyone had this problem? I checked for a leak on the ground, nothing, but when I look around near my oil pan, downpipe and all that good stuff, I see oil sitting. My buddy says I could have blowed a ring ... The car does kinda smoke a little, clearish smoke like when I get on it and it shifts and sometimes when it sit's like when I'm at Dairy Queen in thier 25 minute drive thru line LOL But any help here and advice would be appreciated. I thought of trying that stop leak bars stufff or some of the Lucas engine crap ... Whatcha think? -Tray
88783, RE: Here Is My Problem ....
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do a compression check for starters, then get back to us.
88791, RE: Here Is My Problem ....
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I don't see how a bad ring is going to leave oil on the outside of the engine. You may have a ring problem but that is not causing the external leak. You can do a comp check but I would also check around the engine for an external leak...
88793, RE: Here Is My Problem ....
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Well I don't see how a bad ring is going to leave oil on the outside of the engine. You may have a ring problem but that is not causing the external leak. You can do a comp check but I would also check around the engine for an external leak...

agreed, and dont use that $6 bottle bars leak bullshit. all it does is clog up your radiator and cause overheating issues 98% of the time. trust me i know, i tried on my old 2gnt and caused 2,000 more problems than i already had damnit, lol.
88794, RE: Here Is My Problem ....
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ColtsNumba1Fan
...Whats up everybody? Anyways ... It seems my 96 is using ALOT of oil, I last changed oil about 3-4 weeks ago but probably close to 1000 miles if that was put on it, and yesterday my oil light came on, i checked it, it was low, had to add a quart ... Anyone had this problem? I checked for a leak on the ground, nothing, but when I look around near my oil pan, downpipe and all that good stuff, I see oil sitting. My buddy says I could have blowed a ring ... The car does kinda smoke a little, clearish smoke like when I get on it and it shifts and sometimes when it sit's like when I'm at Dairy Queen in thier 25 minute drive thru line LOL But any help here and advice would be appreciated. I thought of trying that stop leak bars stufff or some of the Lucas engine crap ... Whatcha think? -Tray

If you are seeing oil on the back of the block, passenger side, the most common causes are leaking cam seal or blown head gasket.

Exile Racing Technologies
http://www.exileracing.com
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.
I generated this page in 0.014619827270508 seconds, executing 7 queries.