Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectAT to MT Tranny Swap...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=86812
86812, AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by UpToSpeed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, yeah yeah the search button well I've used it, many times and I have not been able to find what I'm looking for.

First, I did my homework, I located the writeup that Mike and Ivan did, then I reformatted it and posted it here:

http://www.ericfilson.com/transmissionSwap.php

It will be there forever, I run my own server so it's not going to disappear. What I'm looking for however is the pictures that should go with it. I have searched on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Dogpile, Hotbot, etc... nothin... I can not locate the images.

I have emailed both addresses in the writeup, one bounced back, one I haven't heard from yet. Hopefully I will.

Does anyone know where I can find the pics for this write up? If so, please email me at the email address included if you follow the link. If I can get these I will post them all up and format the entire write up. I'll be doing the swap very soon and I would really like to have these. I will also take pics of my own swap and post those... no bullshit, I WILL post them. It doesn't take me very long to format some html, I do it for a living.

Thanks for the space! Spread the word and let's get a definitive source for the swap info to direct everyone to.

-Eric
86825, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
WOW, Your a Good nOOoob. :P

Nice right up but I found it Terribly HARD to read all that text.

86832, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...

I'll reformat it as soon as I can find the pictures, it'll be much easier to read :)

86840, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Link to the original writeup.
86841, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Here's the only other version I could find on the web, I found it through a post on here...

http://www34.brinkster.com/chamukogs/ATtoMTswapWritten%20by%20Mike.htm

Hope that helps!!

86842, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Interetingly enough after a lot more searching I noticed that the site owner of the original writeup is Chamuko (Ivan)... It says he was last on here yesterday so I imagine he's still active... I tried sending an email through his profile so hopefully he'll respond :)

Ivan you out there?!

86855, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup, that would be me. how did you get your hands on that one? lol its one of the versions.

I was working on them last waurter. The original Is hard to read. Once you do it though its quite simple. I have like 4 versions. I wnated one all text for it to be printer friendly and ppl to use as a guide. I have one web friendly and one with pics as you go along ( thats the draft u have).

I have most of the pics and want ppl to contribute a lot more, as well as tips. I also have a parts list, also very rough, and it varies with each persons set up, but I have the one I did for myself.

Sorry , Im always busy with school and work. Im typing this durring my class, so Im sorry if its all weird.

Ill get back to you and send you some of the files wehn im home.
86856, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Chamuko
Sup, that would be me. how did you get your hands on that one? lol its one of the versions. I was working on them last waurter. The original Is hard to read. Once you do it though its quite simple. I have like 4 versions. I wnated one all text for it to be printer friendly and ppl to use as a guide. I have one web friendly and one with pics as you go along ( thats the draft u have). I have most of the pics and want ppl to contribute a lot more, as well as tips. I also have a parts list, also very rough, and it varies with each persons set up, but I have the one I did for myself. Sorry , Im always busy with school and work. Im typing this durring my class, so Im sorry if its all weird. Ill get back to you and send you some of the files wehn im home.

Let me put it up on 2GNT.com.
86858, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
SURE! want em e-mailed? or through aim? BTW uptospeed - I checked mail right now. I can read it, but everytime I hit reply it crashes the labs browser.

I have my presentaion comming up, so I have to logout for a bit.
86861, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Email it to dino@2gnt.com with as many pics as you have, parts list, etc.. i'll compile the info and put it up on the site.
86896, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
think EvulFlea meant a link in your site to the original?
86909, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Ooops, got it, I added the link in to the top of the writeup :)

I wasn't sure how active the page was but I've got it in there now!
86908, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
That's odd, you can email me at the contact info on the writeup I reposted on my site. That would probably be easiest. I'll post all the images on my site as well. I have all the parts I need for the swap accept for a shift assembly and linkages + the clutch pedal assembly. I will DEFINITELY be taking a lot of pictures and add some tips to the mix.

I'm going to try and hit the junk yards tomorrow for the missing parts and then I'll be doing the swap the weekend of the 19th. I also just got in a set of Tein SS Coilovers so I can't wait to install everything!

Thanks for the reply though, I'd love to get what pictures you do have. I'll take my own versions as well when I do the swap. The guy I got the parts from also took pictures of the entire break down and he's sending those to me. I should be able to post those some time next week.

It'll be sweet if we can get a solid writeup for everyone asking. It's been a long time coming!
86914, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Ah, I also added my own parts list (As I understand it) to the writeup over on my site:

http://www.ericfilson.com/transmissionSwap.php

If anyone sees anything that's missing or shouldn't be there, please let me know!

86952, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Where'd you go?
86989, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
surry, like i said, im still fixing some things and am a busy guy with finals next wek and all. Ill try and get everything out to you guys. Whats the largest file sizes that you can both accept?

also while your at that junk yard can you check if they have the tranny speed sonsor? or a tranny with all tha brackets? Im still missing some of that.

Oh and the C clips that hold the shifter cables on the brackets PLS! Ill pay for everything.
86991, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Originally posted by Chamuko
surry, like i said, im still fixing some things and am a busy guy with finals next wek and all. Ill try and get everything out to you guys. Whats the largest file sizes that you can both accept? also while your at that junk yard can you check if they have the tranny speed sonsor? or a tranny with all tha brackets? Im still missing some of that. Oh and the C clips that hold the shifter cables on the brackets PLS! Ill pay for everything.

unlimited.
87003, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Ack, I just got back from the yard and I didn't see your post until now :(

I only found one 95 - 99 Eclipse though, it was a NT and had the parts I needed so I will DEFINITELY be doing the swap next weekend. A B&M short throw shifter, new bushings, shift knob and boot are all on the way as well :P

The tranny was missing out of the car so now speedo sensor :( I might be heading back out next Friday though with a good friend who needs to pull some parts as well. I'll keep an eye out!

As for the pictures, I can take any size and I can give you an FTP account to drop them at.

Thanks again!

-Eric
87171, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Oh yeah, I'm not going to let this thread die. That seems to be the case with every other AT to MT swap thread...

I'll be doing the swap on Friday (and maybe Saturday) so I will _definitely_ be posting my own pics and doing a little rewrite.

Wish me luck!! All I'm missing is the clutch reservoir cap... back to the junk yard... I'm also adding in a B&M shifter and metal shift linkage bushings. As long as I can drive me car on Monday all will be well :D

87174, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Brake pedal. MT and AT versions are different. Don't remember if it's part of the clutch pedal assembly but I don't think so.
87190, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep us updated, I'll be doing the swap soon myself.

Gotta love winter
87198, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
My apologies, we are on a quarter system so just like that I am now on finals week. I dont have any plans for spring break...and if my friends dont come up with some spontaniously then I will have a week to polish things up. Today is my final day of exams, just taking a breather from studies.

I also opted for the B&M and the metal bushings, I find myself just practicing shifting in the driveway sometimes...this is so much better.

As for the brake pedals , yes they are different and no it is not connected to the clutch pedal.

I heard some just cut the AT one, but I had the MT one so I used it. The connections to the switches are the same and the connector for the clutch switch is already in there tucked away. Everything inside the cabin should be bolt on and connect.

The shifter bolts from the AT are too short, you will need the MT ones or just go buy som M10x1.25 x the length you want.
87262, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...

Yeah, I went to the junk yard and pulled just the brake arm, it's only $21 new but the dealership couldn't get it in for a week. I also needed the clutch reservoir cap :P

You aren't going to believe this but my FREAKIN CAMERA BROKE!!! I was taking pictures of all the parts needed and it just ceased working... I'm really not happy about it, and I REALLY wanted pics... So far nothing has been too bad though.

I will at least write a very thourough guide when I'm done. BTW a dremel with the snake atachment and a tungsten carbide bit cut the hole for the clutch master like butter... perfect fit, highly recommended... Now back out to the garage to swap the actual trannies :)

I'll keep you all posted and hopefully get my camera working again to take some pics of the remaining steps :( grrrr...
87331, RE: AT to MT Tranny Swap...
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you want a proof reader? I've found several typo's. Any how, I've been going back and forth to a yard the past two weeks getting shit I needed.

If you go back, I need the linkage cables. The ones in the car I scavanged were fucked up.

**EDIT**
And as far as cutting the brake pedal, if you're scavanging a 'donor car', it's easiest to pull out the two pedal assemblies and just swap yours, or just swap the pedal itself.
I generated this page in 0.027405977249146 seconds, executing 7 queries.