Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectLooking for engine help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=84516
84516, Looking for engine help
Posted by Esitalon95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whats up everyone? I have a 95 ESi, and im going to be putting a rebuild tranny in it. But im wanting to work on the engine. And I know that i was not going to do a turbo. Someone had told me about high comprassion pistons. But i was kinda wondering what else i could do, I dont know alot about working on cars but im trying to learn. So if anyone on here has ideas/parts that would be a good thing to do to the car. please AIM me or something. im wanting to get it finish before that SO if possible.
Thanks
alicia

84517, RE: Looking for engine help
Posted by ForceFed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get a lot of head work done. Think of the engine as an air pump, the better the air flow passes through it the more power you'll make. Wait a sec, the engine "is" an air pump! Just send out your head to a good machine shop where they have a flow bench and expect to drop about a grand or two to get the most out of it. That's what I would do.
84518, RE: Looking for engine help
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ForceFed
Get a lot of head work done. Think of the engine as an air pump, the better the air flow passes through it the more power you'll make. Wait a sec, the engine "is" an air pump! Just send out your head to a good machine shop where they have a flow bench and expect to drop about a grand or two to get the most out of it. That's what I would do.

dont listen to a word he just said. We have an over sized head designed by lotus.

It flows exceptionaly well, even better then the 4g6 that is in the turbo models. If you want power, go turbo. Its the only thing really worth while. Then search on what you need for a built motor. See what people are going with and why.

Nick
97RS

THX KAPTAIN MYKE FOR HOSTING! www.kaptainmyke.com
84519, RE: Looking for engine help
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea our head flows very well, even the stock cams are quite turbo friendly at reasonable power levels. a ported head is good for top end and helping a motor to breathe better never causes any harm. however, think of a $ to HP gain here, 1000$ head work wont get you as many ponies as sticking that 1000$ toward a nicely done turbo setup.

think about it, ask yourself a few questions like can your car handle the power? can you maintain the car or repair it if it flings itself apart in 50 miles? if you're honest with yourself you'll do just fine.

edit: oh yea...and USE THE SEARCH NO000b!
I generated this page in 0.01115608215332 seconds, executing 7 queries.