Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectNeed help deciding: Stage 2 or 3 cams
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=80775
80775, Need help deciding: Stage 2 or 3 cams
Posted by brokenrodguy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need some help deciding on which cams to get. I read so many posts including the huge comparison 20 pages long.

I wanted to get stage 3 cams but Im afriad it will mess up my idle, SO will a SAFC make the idle as I have it now ? They also require new retainers and if I do all that I might as well get SS valves but I dont know if I wanna pull the head off and if I do I might as well go all the way with a P and P. I hate doing things twice.

OR should I go stage 2 with new springs and rockers? Will I notice that much of a differance with just minor mods between 2 and 3 ? Will I lose performance on these because I dont have a turbo yet ?

thanks
80785, RE: Need help deciding: Stage 2 or 3 cams
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you are looking to go turbo I would stay with stage 2's the overlap on the 3's might be a bit much for the turbo.

To change the springs you have to pull the head too.

If you can afford the port and polish I definately say go for it.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy
80802, RE: Need help deciding: Stage 2 or 3 cams
Posted by DR1665v2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Michael_97RS
If you can afford the port and polish I definately say go for it.

What he said. Personally, I would find a used head somewhere and send it to ERT for the works. Well, as close to the works as you want to. That way, you know it's done right and will perform beautifully.
80921, RE: Need help deciding: Stage 2 or 3 cams
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This guy out of all people does not need a turbo......how many engines have you been through...lol

If you havent built the bottom end do that first. then go turbo the do cams...much easier

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - 3" custom DP/Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
I generated this page in 0.0095949172973633 seconds, executing 7 queries.