Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectWhat TPS % do you get at idle?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=67601
67601, What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by JustOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I put my 70mm mustang tb on but I forgot what % the tps sits at during idle. (off a data logger)(yes its a custom intank)(no 70mm isnt too big)

I think in stock form I had like 5 or 7% at idle but I cant remember.

TIA
Brian

67607, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by KTECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
From my pocketlogger, my throttle position sensor is showing 12.57 at 810 rpm with a load of 4.72.

Hope this helps,
Kurt

67626, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
5-7%.

I want pics of that TB.
67631, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I also see about 5%
67633, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
I want pics of that TB.

Forget the TB pics, I'ver seen an oversize dMustang TB. Show me the manifold!

My guide to Throttle plate position is whatever lets you idle.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm
67636, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?

The fuel blocks are for my vac set up. I am running ss line in place of all my fluid lines and all the vac lines. I am running two vac lines off the back of the intake to the fuel blocks. The fuel blocks just act like a "t". Everything that needs a vac source gets plugged into the blocks.

The butterfly end that the throttle cable goes to is (was) two pieces. The stock mustang one and one off another ford. I welded them together and then used body filler to smooth everything out to make it cleaner. I had to use two different ones because the stock mustang one didn’t have a place to attach the mitsu throttle cable line to.

Please excuse the mess. Like I said I am in the process of changing out the lines and cleaning it all up. This is Ray's (PureRage) old intake he built for his drag car. It basically just bolts to the lower half of the stock intake.

This is my 58mm vs a 70mm part donor Ford TB that has the same mm as the one on my car. I used the throttle cable part off it and welded the two together.

The TB on the car is off a '94 4.6 liter Ford Mustang. I had to re-build the end that the TB sensor goes into because it was at a different angle than our stock ones are. By doing this I was able to use stock TB sensor. As far as the iac goes I don’t have one anymore. Well I have one but it isn’t electrical anymore. I chose the TB off the '94 because it has a mechanical iac that you adjust w/ an alan-wrench. This way I didn’t have to worry about trying to make the ford one work w/ my wiring.

Ray had the intake built to take a 75mm '89 Mustang TB. I didn’t what to go quite that big so I had to make an adapter plate to get the '94 one on because the bolt patterns are different.

All in all it works perfect and my throttle pedal travel is about 50% less.
67640, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by Brent Pottle, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:thumbsup

good stuff !
67641, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
:thumbsup Definitely keep us updated with the install and how it runs later.
67644, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow.

2ngter innovation at it's best. I
67647, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Oh it runs perfect, although it did take some getting used to. Just the smallest amount of pressure on the gas pedal and the car slams you back in the seat. I have driven it around quite a bit but I am still trying to work out a few of the little bugs. I put the data logger to it and saw that my TPS was reading 15% at idle so I had to adjust the sensor down to 7%. The only other thing I need to do is drop the idle speed down about 100 rpm. It’s about at 900rpm at the moment.
67658, RE: What TPS % do you get at idle?
Sounds good!:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0088648796081543 seconds, executing 7 queries.