Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Satan & resetting IAC
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=67434&mesg_id=67605
67605, RE: Satan & resetting IAC
Posted by OldGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
First off, I can't find anywhere in the service manual that say the damn thing's "resettable". Next, are you showing a 25 code on the key dance? Goes like this...
1. Check the resistance of the IAC between pins 1 & 4 and then 2 & 3 on the IAC side of the connector. you should have between 38-52 Ohms @ app 68 Deg. F. If the values are out, get a new one. If good, Check connectors A-72 and A-78. Repair/Clean as necessary ( A-72 is IAC Connector and A-78 Is main ECM connector. It will be pins 34, 35, 54, 55 < yellow w/ blue tracer stripe, gray w/ blue tracer, orange, and gray respectively at ECM connector. They are the same in that order 1-4 at IAC motor.>) If they are ok, check continuity of the wires between those pins. Repair if necessary. And for the final step. Replace the PCM if all else is good! From the Book!!
This will only ensure that all is good or not. Or you can do as Brent suggested with his procedure. Two good options! Good call Brent by the way! :) What I have given you is exactly what any tech would do at Satans House. Hope I have helped even a little!
:cheers
I generated this page in 0.0086920261383057 seconds, executing 6 queries.