Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectok, need some info from the pros
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=60630
60630, ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by 98eclipsegskt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my car is almost done, and my body is lookin nice. i've been working on the car for almost 2 years. just need some help finding some stuff at a reasonable price. first.
i need to find ----
new radiator, something to help cool better.
lamborgini doors
quality cam shafts
a bottom end kit
any thing that will help my auto xmsn, shift kit, final drive, tq converter, a mod to make it a stick...anything that will help
i have a gs, with a stage III hahn kit and front mount, stock cam gears and cams, je pistons, eagle rods, accel dfi gen 7 engine management kit.
besides that the engine is completely stock, any suggestions that will help out for under the hood or xmsn ?
(i had aem gears but didn't like them how they ran in my car, actualy there up for sale on ebay right now, (item #2435322785))
any ideas or suggestions... aol name is kyleousmc.
any dsm guys around the cleveland area? thanks
60634, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by jerseystyle1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>new radiator, something to help cool better.

Fluidyne

>lamborgini doors

Any custom body shop that will tackle such a job.

>quality cam shafts

http://www.howellautomotive.com/Howell/Store/catalog/catalog/default.php?cPath=142_38

>a bottom end kit

http://www.howellautomotive.com/Howell/Store/catalog/catalog/default.php?cPath=142_38

>any thing that will help my auto xmsn, shift kit, final drive,
>tq converter, a mod to make it a stick...anything that will
>help

Manual conversion

>i have a gs, with a stage III hahn kit and front mount, stock
>cam gears and cams, je pistons, eagle rods, accel dfi gen 7
>engine management kit.

Why do you need a bottom end kit?:wary

But I am no "PRO":shrug
60644, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
ok i know the best thing would be a manual conversion, but i meant does anyone sell a kit.
60693, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
anyone....
60696, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is no kit for a manual swap short of obtaining the correct hardware (tools, mtx transmission, etc) to do the job.
60697, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you had a hahn stage 3 kit, you would already have a bottom end kit :rolleyes

EDIT: Also, why would you buy a torque converter if you were going to a manual transmission? Nobody sells a kit for this. Go to a junkyard, find a 2g car, grab the tranny, the shifter cables, the shifter, and the center console.
60744, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
If you had a hahn stage 3 kit, you would already have a bottom end kit :rolleyes EDIT: Also, why would you buy a torque converter if you were going to a manual transmission? Nobody sells a kit for this. Go to a junkyard, find a 2g car, grab the tranny, the shifter cables, the shifter, and the center console.

And then the BS flag goes up:nono
60793, RE:
no shit i don't need a tq converter with a manual xmsn. that would be only if i kept my auto xmsn, and i didn't mean to type bottom end kit, thats my other car, which is a peice of crap and i think i'm just going to use it for parts, just don't go just assuming i'm a retard. so you can shove the bullshit flag up your ass.
60857, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you had a hahn stage 3 kit, you would already have a bottom end kit :rolleyes EDIT: Also, why would you buy a torque converter if you were going to a manual transmission? Nobody sells a kit for this. Go to a junkyard, find a 2g car, grab the tranny, the shifter cables, the shifter, and the center console.

pwned , NOOBIE ALERT

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...
60722, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by WIKKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
there has been a running sale on fluidynes on ebay for the last couple of months at least. check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2912302001&category=20947&rd=1
60737, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by MotoFool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
id choose a PWR radiator over a fluidyne if i had the choice..

60811, RE:
ok, i've done some research and i've decided to stay with my auto xmsn due to time constraints and just a big pain in the ass, but i'm going to go with a tq converter and i've herd of this ''final drive mod'' . what exactaly is it and what does it do. where can i find a good tq converter that will perform well with about 16-20lb of boost? also i've been searching for a Shift Kit for a while now, but no luck, if anyone has any info on the shit kit that would be amazing.

oh yeah, also with lamborghini doors, what mods are required...

thanks
60869, RE:
also i've been searching for a Shift Kit for a while now, but no luck, if anyone has any info on the shit kit that would be amazing.oh yeah, also with lamborghini doors, what mods are required...thanks

Shift kit for an Automatic:shrug
60814, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by mototool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
None of what you posted needs "professional" advice.

except maybe the lambo door shit :rolleyes
60819, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
www.verticaldoors.com
www.decah.net
60834, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lambo doors bolt on kits are coming!!!!
Stay tuned
}(
60871, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
look at the auto section above... theres plenty of info there.

The final drive mod is either there or in the things weve seen before section.

What it does is give you "better" gearing for acceleration at a sacrifice of top speed, unless you constantly go above 120 you wont care. Oh and it causes your speedo to be off a bit.

I have one for sale if you wanted. going the 5spd way.
60888, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by redeclipset, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
about the auto to man. conversion how much would you think it'll cost. I'd think it'll be easier to buy a mt eclipse and transfer all the goodies from your car into the new car and sell the old one. I have an auto and hate it im in the middle of a custom install and want a mt. If anyone knows how to convert or anything please help. Thanks in advance.
60889, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
they DO make shift kits for automatics, i've only seen them in fords and some chevys but i've been hoping i could find one for the eclipse.

can anyone suggest anywhere that i could find a good tq converter?
thanks
60930, RE: ok, need some info from the pros
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
shift kit--TRANSTAR part number K72908J $20
available from http://www.northernautoparts.com/

If you get a shift kit, and even if you dont you NEED an extra tranny cooler, you can get one from pep boys, make sure to hook it inline with the stock unit. Heat is the #1 killer of the auto

If you look at the top of the automatic section there is a link to EVERYTHING you could want for the auto tranny. its in the performance section under automatic tranny

our tranny is a A604 chrylser tranny

thats why you cant find a kit its because you thought it was mitsu didnt you??

As for the lambo kit its coming Im working on a kit cause I needed a challenge, it will be around 500-700 bucks and be totally bolt on (wont work if your side skirts are molded to the quarter panel because it needs to come off to get the stock hinges off).
Look for pictures and a group buy sign up in a week or two
I generated this page in 0.017171859741211 seconds, executing 7 queries.