Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectwhat is missing link?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=55667
55667, what is missing link?
Posted by davo345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just was wondering what missing link is because everyone is telling everyone to get missing link
55669, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it is like the fuel cut defender. it makes the voltage to the map sensor the correct voltage so the ecu wont see backpressure from the turbo. it is a good thing. waaaaayyy better than the hahn FCD also known as the hahn black box.
55719, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by dfresh, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
back pressure????????i thought it was positive manifold presure.....j/p

dfresh
55728, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah its not back pressure, its the from the turbo pressurizing the intake air, thats its jobby job. If the MAP (mainfold absolute pressure) sensor sees the pressure in the intake it will stop giving the motor fuel. If you go turbo you need the missing link, don't fuck with the hahn fcd it sucks balls.
55733, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by slodsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have one as well and am not a fan of it at all. It is really a very cheesy setup for 60 bucks. The Hahn peice actually affects voltage and allowed for a smoother transition to boost on my car. The missing link is nothing more than a chunk of metal that has a ball inside and pushes up to stock boost pressure from reaching the map sensor when it gets pressure. Thats why hovering aroungd 1 inch vacuum and 1 lb of boost the cars do not act right. I personaly think it is a lot of hype and the FCD is better. I will probably change it back when I get some free time when I am not fixing every one elses cars.
55734, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you've ever experienced detonation and misfires as a result of the HRC black box, you might change your opinion.
55752, RE: what is missing link?
all I ever experianced with the black box was a slight momentary hiccup when eased into boost, much less pronounced than this thing. Oh well, cam gears go on shortly and I will try a dyno tune and see what that will help.
55753, RE: what is missing link?
Oh and Jason, you still have one of my favorite cars on here, I love the clean look with no crazy body mods, 97 and 98 Talons are my favorite cars out there.
55760, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by Justin99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have ONLY the missing link, no black box or anything...and never have any problems entering boost....either at 1" of vac or very low boost...i can do smooth transitions or WOT boosts and never get a touch of fuel cut...
55764, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that was my bad. i meant positive manifold pressure. oops. typed it wrong. oh well.
55765, RE: what is missing link?
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks man. I love em too! I just discussed the other day how great it was the first time I saw her.

I just always try to pass along the very experience I had with a black box and it was none too great. I had bouts of sever detonation and leanness and I would never want that to happen to anyone else. It's my opinion that although those black boxes are decent fixes for the hickups, they can unexpectedly and without warning, fail on someone.
I generated this page in 0.014147043228149 seconds, executing 7 queries.