Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: hesitation
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=78112
78112, RE: hesitation
Posted by byakko125, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
chef: were you getting misfiring problems and motor stutter also? if not you may not having the same problem, just needed to replace a worn clutch or bent fork?

i've had this problem very lightly for awhile, not much power loss or hesitation before, just once every few days under acceleration i'd hear a detonation. just rebuilt the auto tranny and now its pretty bad.. had excessive backfiring in my intake under 3000 rpm, power loss, hesitation, and the strong growl turned into something more of a sore throat.. checked the plugs and cylinder 1 was covered in soot, rest werent quite as bad, switched them with ngk vpowers gapped at ~.042 (i think thats within spec?) and i just checked them (4-5 days later) and all the rings are now covered in soot, guess i'm running rich...
i'm getting error codes 12, 44, 22, 55. 12 and 55 are nothing, 44 is ect voltage, which i just changed to a new one 3 weeks ago, 22 is batt temp sensor(where is that?), battery light is on, but i just got my friends orion yellow top with new gold terminals and voltage is 13-14. so i think i may have a faulty ecu. anyone got an extra they know is good?
radiator has been flushed, about to swap in a used iac motor from a guy on the board (thanks!) and probably gonna swap the t.b. gasket while i'm in there, anything else i should do? changed my air filter couple of days ago too.
wires i tested at : 2060khom, 1400khom, 1500khom, 2020khom which i believe is ok, coil tested at harness connector was in spec
i get no misfire in high rpm range, but under load and going up hills under 3000 gives me severe power loss, backfiring/misfiring and usually can't really get above 40mph on even a moderate hill. has everyone here check their compression also?

1996 eclipse gs non turbo automatic
I generated this page in 0.0073819160461426 seconds, executing 6 queries.