Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: hesitation
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=50842
50842, RE: hesitation
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say it again. The Chilton's manual I have says that all 4 plug WIRES should ohm out to 8KOhm. "If they vary, replace them." It doesn't even give a tolerance. :rolleyes
I agree with you guys. Lower resistance is generally preferred in this area, but that's what my Chilton's said. When I mentioned being in spec, I was referring to the coil pack. Across the two rear terminals I was spec, across the two front terminals I was spec and even both tests at the "flat pin" connector were dead on for Chilton's.
HOWEVER---I just got home from AutoZone, where I pulled a redneck parking lot install (new plug wires $40 - Bosch OEM) and the car runs good as new. Hardly even cranks before it turns over.
WHAT I'VE LEARNED HERE---If you haven't changed your plug wires, maybe find a buddy without the problem who'll let you swap out with his for 10 minutes to see if anything changes. If changing the wires helps, well, duh.
IF YOU HAVE NEWER WIRES---maybe try getting some of that grease they offer for your connections. My new wires came greased and a packet of it is only a few cents.
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL FIGHTING WITH THIS BITCH.
:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0089499950408936 seconds, executing 6 queries.