Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: backfire
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=50451
50451, RE: backfire
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm. I'll check my plug wires and see if i get the same results. but i'm getting new wires in the next couple days so i'll check them also and see if they are good before even using them. and as far as an oiled filter, i'm using the stock one. but i've cut off the little dirt/dust catcher from the bottom of the intake so i could fit some air horns there. i don't think it is the cause for it. My car ran GREAT today. atleast it wasn't sputtering so much. i also had the problem where you can't seem to get past 3k rpms in 5th. i put my silencer on so i can't really hear the sputtering so much. I am leaning towards a couple things. I think that either 1) the egr is stuck/dirty/broken or the IAC is one of those. or there is sumthin ignition related. I just don't see how replacing the plugs or plug wires will make it temporarily go away. ecu related? sensors. there is just too much stuff to check. I'm going to hit up the egr/iac part. because i have cell 25 anyway.(iac) can anyone get a pic of the egr and the valve that needs cleaned?
I generated this page in 0.0087959766387939 seconds, executing 6 queries.