Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectindy manifold production update
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=48569
48569, indy manifold production update
Posted by steve0677, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys they have the stock intake mani jamesman sent,and now are lookin to have a car to look for assisting in production, and testing of the the design. i have had a handful of ppl say they can do this. next step is if ur one of these ppl is to call indyheads and set something up. agian if ur close to this address and can live w/o ur car for a little bit call them. and i would suggest gettting a free one out of it! :thumbsup

8621 Southeastern Avenue

Indianapolis, IN 46239

Phone: (317) 862-3724 ~~ Fax: (317) 862-6300

EDIT--- ask for rus when u call
48573, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by DocWhiplash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what there talkin about.

Thanks
48579, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I called today, it looks like they will call me in a few days when they need the car. They got the manifold in the mail today and they think they can base our mani off of the neon just with the TB on the other side and a different flange but they are not sure. Hopefully we will have a kick-ass mani in a few months!
48583, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so it looks like to make this manifold it will take 2-3 months till we can buy it? if you guys can check that would be cool...
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi :D
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild
2GNT Member #32

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast
48661, RE: indy manifold production update
I talked to rus and I'm bringing my car up to him thursday so he can check it out. I'll try to get some more info and let you all know what he says.
48670, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by 98Turbo420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Personally I would like to know what this manifold will be designed like. Are we talking sheet metal or something that resembles the Venom? Anyone have an idea?
48674, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by CaptinMorgan97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my 2 cents say it would something close to this

but with also simmilar looks to our manifold design

as far as materials? i say it would be made of aluminum?>

48682, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by widebodyeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my 60mm tb just got here today so i am definately into getting this. i just hope the problems that the neons are having with them get corrected with us. kep me posted.
ben
48790, RE: indy manifold production update
Well I just got back from Indy cylinder heads. I was pretty impressed by the people and the facility. I got to inspect the neon manifolds and they look very very nice. As soon as I got there, about 6 guys came over to start everything with the measurements and what not. They should be able to base it on the neon manifold so it shouldnt take to long for them to design it. They gave me an approximation of probably around a month to get one built. What they want to find though, is a real cheap eclipse they can keep there for a month or two. Theyre looking for a cheap running one for like $1000 so they can keep it there while they design it. I also ased them about the problems the neons have seen and they said noone has called them about any problems, and they matched the runners to the ports and not the gaskets which is what your supposed to do. They said the gaskets might be off or something. Well I wasnt sure if I was going to get one, I was just headin there because I was close and trying to help everyone out, But after seeing them and the enthusiasm of the employees as to getting one made for us, I am very interested in getting one of these now.
48809, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by steve0677, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is great, i read the neon board and there was one post saying the stock manifold lined up the same exact way.... so im not too convinced. i also read of some neon guys absolutely loving the way this felt while they drove around. i will be ready to buy this the day it is finally complete, im happy to see that day is getting closer.
48821, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They really can't use the Neon manifold... the runners point down, not up, like ours, they have their water port there and we don't (it's on the other side!), and throttle body placement is totally different.
-=B-=
48830, RE: indy manifold production update
They know they can't use it but they said the design will be similar. They have a stock 2gnt mani that they where comparing it too and they know all the differences. They said in a way there completely different but similar. I think they where talking more about the dimensions anyway.
48840, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by TalonSpeed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
WOW seems like this Indy manifold is really about to get up and running. I can still remember when I made a post about this manifold giving real big gains for Neons and how I was flamed for it. Thanks go Steve for contacting them so much and thanks to the guy that sent them a spare manifold.
48842, RE: indy manifold production update
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I really look forward to this intake manifold. It will match nicely with the Modern Performance TB and 22-25 psi on race gas:-)
I generated this page in 0.0103440284729 seconds, executing 7 queries.