Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectElectric oil pressure Gauge help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=23291
23291, Electric oil pressure Gauge help
Posted by 99SilverRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys. I got a electrical oil pressure gauge and a A/F. We were hooking up the oil pressure gauge and wasn't to sure which sender unit we were supposed to switch out. The manual shows it around the oil filter but we took it out and that wasn't it. There is another one toward the front of the block that looks like it could be but its kind of biatch to get to. It has a yellow wire and thats all going to the unit. It really don't look like a oil pressure sending unit but thats all we could locate that looked close. Can someone tell me which one we are supposed to switch out? The new gauge is a AutoMeter gauge with sending unit. Also can we just use the original oil pressure sending unit or will we have to change it over to the Autometer one? And my last question. If we have to change it out, do we need an adapter or will the new one bolt right in? Thanks for the help in advance.

Allen
23292, RE: Electric oil pressure Gauge help
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.2gnt.com/www/ntmod.htm

The stock sender is located on the back left of the block. You will need a sending unit socket to get it out. When you get under the car there is the knock sensor right by the oil filter and that is not the one you want. Go up a bit and closer to the driver side. Make sure you use teflon tape and have the fittings nicely torqued. Check for leaks too.

Any other questions message me on AIM "EvuLFleA" or email jeff@dakotadsm.com since I did this last weekend and its all fresh in my head.
23293, RE: Electric oil pressure Gauge help
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

NO TEFLON TAPE!!!! USE PASTE. It seals better and you don't have to worry about little chunks of the teflon tape gettin in the oil system.

If you use only the autometer sensor then your stock dummy light won't work. Just get a 3/8th inch brass T from home depot, either a street T with 2 females and one male end or get a 3/8 male to male and a female 3/8 T. The stock sensor will screw into one female spot on the T and the male spot goes in the block. The remaining female spot is for the adapter to size down to the autometer sensor, what ever size it is.

Hope this helps.

Teflon PASTE!!!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

23294, RE: Electric oil pressure Gauge help
Posted by 99SilverRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks Guys.

Allen
97914, v
Posted by napkinthief, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry read the date wrong.
97991, RE: v
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow thats a old post . but anyway i was wondering if i could put the snder in between the 4 an feed line somewhere cuz every couple months i get a crack in one of the fittings by the block from the weight .
98000, RE: v
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
wow thats a old post . but anyway i was wondering if i could put the snder in between the 4 an feed line somewhere cuz every couple months i get a crack in one of the fittings by the block from the weight .

I'm thinking you could install something like a 90* bend in the block, route that up to somewhere easily accessible behind the intake manifold plenum, then "T" it off as you see fit.

For the record, in case anyone else should be using the search in the future...

It's the brass clusterfuck at left in this picture.

98002, RE: v
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I ran mine to a remote mounting point and then tee'd off everything from there. way cleaner and way easier to change the sender since they always seem to clog up/break.
98003, RE: v
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
I ran mine to a remote mounting point and then tee'd off everything from there. way cleaner and way easier to change the sender since they always seem to clog up/break.

this is what i need to do!!! thanks for reminding me with this old post
I generated this page in 0.0097208023071289 seconds, executing 7 queries.