Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectoil light??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=21899
21899, oil light??
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok when I start my car lately Ive been hearing a slight clicking and a little while ago my oil light started coming on when I braked a little harder than normal or turned sharply. I checked the oil level and it was a little low, so I added more oil and it seems fine now, as far as the oil light goes, but I still hear a slight tick every now and then when I start it. Should I go ahead and drop the bitch off at the dealership or should I wait. Its still under warranty and I plan on going turbo after the t-belt change and dont want to void my warranty if this could turn out to be an expensive problem. TIA
21900, RE: oil light??
oh yeah, as far as how loud the ticking is, I can only hear it when my window is down. When its up I dont notice it at all.
21901, RE: oil light??
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i would listen for the tickin w/hood open and ear close to engine (be careful tho) then u may be able to pinpoint where its cummin from..

if u are under warrantee, then i say go and bitch!!! fak satan, make em bend over and give it to em like a champ, hehe ;-)

good luck meng
21902, RE: oil light??
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get a stick or something of that nature and put it against the valve cover, block, etc etc and put your ear on the other end. Listen everywhere you can and listen what kind of knock/tick and how loud at what area youre hearing it. You dont have to, just an idea. :7
21903, RE: oil light??
Posted by randy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would definately bring it to satan. Might be on early sign of spun rod bearing.
21904, RE: oil light??
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you are the second person that i have seen post about it. one, you are probably low on oil and that's why the oil light is coming on. if you don't think it's that, drain out the oil, and see how much you got. two, that sound, the ticking sound, is probably coming from the number one cylinder. three, if that is the case, you have a rod bearing that is going out. i know this b/c i have been through all of this. and it all started from lack of oil in the engine. that's why ever since that day only i or someone i trust touches my car. if i can't do it, then i'm there helping the person.
later
21905, RE: oil light??
well Ill check for where the sound is coming from. and you know what I hope it is a spun bearing so I can get a new timing belt out of the deal and dont have to pay for it.
21906, RE: oil light??
Posted by Doug99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
TONEY, It's doug.
What kinda oil filter are you running? Todd's got my number call me if you want and we'll see if we can figure it out before this weekend.
Doug
I generated this page in 0.010095834732056 seconds, executing 7 queries.