Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectEngine shock damper
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138738
138738, Engine shock damper
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was wondering if there was an shock damper for our engines? I see a few for other cars and wondering if there is an option for ours.
138739, RE: Engine shock damper
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nope.
138740, RE: Engine shock damper
None? has anyone done research?
138741, RE: Engine shock damper
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There's no provisions for it and in the cases I'm aware of, such as Neon "bobble strut" engine mounts, swapping it out for something else is considered an upgrade.

Urethane or solid mounts are going to outperform a dampener, in my opinion, and if the mounts are right the engine isn't going to move enough to require dampening that movement.

What's the material benefit in running a dampener between the engine and body? What's the expectation?
138743, RE: Engine shock damper
Originally posted by DarkOne
There's no provisions for it and in the cases I'm aware of, such as Neon "bobble strut" engine mounts, swapping it out for something else is considered an upgrade. Urethane or solid mounts are going to outperform a dampener, in my opinion, and if the mounts are right the engine isn't going to move enough to require dampening that movement. What's the material benefit in running a dampener between the engine and body? What's the expectation?

I tried urethane mounts but for a daily to to much I was just wondering if there was an alterative to help the engine not flex as bad.
I generated this page in 0.008350133895874 seconds, executing 7 queries.