Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectHow should I rebuild my engine?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138042
138042, How should I rebuild my engine?
Posted by stracer107, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok so my engine is in need of a freshing up.

I'm thinking just a stock rebuild. My question is return the car back to stock or do a small turbo build.

I have all parts needed to do a stock rebuild. My engine does run but needs new gaskets and rings. So should I keep it stock?

What I have
Felpro gasket kit top and bottom
Clevite bearings main and rod
Can I reuse my stock pistons and rods?
I have a head I had machined a little while ago milled .010 and everything was checked by machine shop
Apexi safc
4g63 t25, small 16g, hx35
Fmic and 2.5 ic piping
Flanges to make exhaust manifold
Cold air intake
Air mass 4-1 header
A complete 96 talon awd. Any thing I can use off it?

My goals a nice dd car with ac ( I took it out now putting back in)
My talon will be a weekend/race car. I have tons of parts for this car. I'm just unsure what to do. I plan on doing a trans rebuild just to be safe mabye a phantom grip or not idk. Any input or advice would be great guys.
138044, RE: How should I rebuild my engine?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like you know what you're doing.

The real question/answer is not what we think you should do, but what do YOU want to do with it. Are you wanting a reliable DD that will only require routine maintenance? Or do you want to pursue that small turbo build? Just remember with any turbo build, you're opening "pandora's box" and will be constantly watching over things on it.

138049, RE: How should I rebuild my engine?
Posted by stracer107, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's a hard choice. I want a nice dd, but it would be nice to have a little fun with it while I'm building my drag car. Idk what to do. The more I think about it the more I think I should go back to 100% stock for reliability. But then my inner child says that's boring.
138050, RE: How should I rebuild my engine?
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You have a complete awd? Sounds like your building the wrong car. If your going to turbo it use better rods and pistons for longevity. But if you just want a fun car without spending much, stock rebuild and enjoy having a reliable fun car.
I generated this page in 0.009321928024292 seconds, executing 7 queries.