Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Stock Pistons and Rods
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=132921&mesg_id=132944
132944, RE: Stock Pistons and Rods
Posted by datdude_enzo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Shake_Zulla
Originally posted by datdude_enzo I bought a block with all of the internals in it and I only found eagle rods and J E pistons for about 1000 dollars just gotta get the money up , but first reconditioning the block and honing the cylinders to prep for boost.
Im confused (not hard to do). Your car is running and you got this other block to prep for more boost and you want to max out your current setup? Thats what I got, if it's NOT your DD and your building a seperate block then you have less to worry about. I, however, have this firm belief in not running everything to the absolute breaking point especially if I don't have that much money (cough cough forged pistons and rods cough cough). If you break something it costs more money. If your piston expodes it could damage the head which isn't on your build list. Plus you don't get that much money selling broken parts. Just MO though... I LOVE seeing pics of "too much" aftermath. :thumbsup

I have a running eclipse with a hahn racecraft kit on stock internals, so in terms yes i just wanted to optimize my setup up now, and i was just wondering and getting my facts together for the future but the block i bought will be built properly its just i love the way boost feels lol and i wanted to know just in case cuz i have a tendency to tell my self " iam good i can boost a little more what can possibly happen" :wallbash Stupid me alot can happen.
I generated this page in 0.0084810256958008 seconds, executing 6 queries.