Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectQuick question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=132900
132900, Quick question
Posted by GsNewbie, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok I put on my new tps sensor. But I am still getting the hesitate in my car. When I rev engine the rpm's will start jumping up and down when I get to high rpm's. Now my dad said something about adjusting it right, any idea's to what that means??? I luped the o-ring and let it dry then put it on and still having problem.
132901, RE: Quick question
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The TPS is not adjustable.
132902, RE: Quick question
Any idea's to what else it could be?? cause if the tps was not the problem I am going to take it back. I felt no difference on the new tps
132903, RE: Quick question
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GsNewbie
When I rev engine the rpm's will start jumping up and down when I get to high rpm's.

Are you bouncing off the rev limiter? =P

More seriously (i hope that wasnt your problem). You said you have a hesitate, are you driving a MTX or ATX? Define "high rpms" like give us a range. Do you have any CEL's? Did this problem happen after a certain incident/mod?
132904, RE: Quick question
It happens sometimes when I drive. But when I am just sitting in parking lot and rev the car, When I get to more then 3k the thermometer on the guage will like shake and the exhaust will backfire as well. An it happens for like a blink of a second then back to normal as I am still revving but the higher i rev the more it happens but only does it for less then a second. Get what im saying or should i make video??
132905, RE: Quick question
Posted by megaskillz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your thermometer shakes? Yeah.. A video would be helpful.
132906, RE: Quick question
Haha k I don't know what the name of the little speed stick is i am below average in cars im trying
132907, RE: Quick question
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds electrical. Yeah, a vid would be nice. You might want to try doing the reving at night with the hood open. Rev the engine using the cable on the throttle body while you watch for sparks in the engine bay (or have somebody rev for you).

132909, RE: Quick question
Posted by megaskillz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Sounds electrical. Yeah, a vid would be nice. You might want to try doing the reving at night with the hood open. Rev the engine using the cable on the throttle body while you watch for sparks in the engine bay (or have somebody rev for you).

Yeah, I agree with Mark. It does look like it's electrical. Now that I think about it I have an older non-dsm vehicle that was doing something similar to yours. Every time I would get up to highway speed the car would jerk and backfire. Later it got worse to just 20 mph. After diagnosing it I found that I had a faulty distributor.

Your problem may be something in your ignition that's failing, which could be your ignition wires, spark plugs, ignition coil, or just a faulty ground wire some place.

After checking under your hood with the engine running in the dark, let us know what you find.
132910, RE: Quick question
Ok I will tonight, I just replaced the coil with msd and msd plugs with ngk spark plugs. So i will see what i find tonight and get back to yall thanks for the answers
132911, RE: Quick question
Posted by Fasttopass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You might want to double check your plug wire and make sure you don't have a plug wire only have way on. Also check the wires that go to your coil and make sure the wire hasn't started to crackout or anything.
132912, RE: Quick question
Thing is it isnt my coil because it was doing it before my coil, I thought replacing the coil would fix it but it didnt so I know its not the coil.
I generated this page in 0.0084748268127441 seconds, executing 7 queries.