Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectExhaust/Back Pressure Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=12807
12807, Exhaust/Back Pressure Question
Posted by Twobuf4u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been thinking about getting an exhaust this up coming summer (money is tight right now), but i wasnt sure what kind to get. I want a deep and loud (but not annoying), none of those that sound like a pissed off bumble bee. I had thought about Greddy Evo. but that is really expensice. I was thinking about more in the price range of 200-250?? (if there is any). I was also concerned about keeping my back pressure up, i have heard people on here talk about some exhaust u loose back pressure therefore you loose low end power. The low end power is my fav. part of my car! Any suggestions?
12808, RE: Exhaust/Back Pressure Question
Posted by evan2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
low end power in our cars????? ummmmmm i thought we didnt have much at all to begin with..

just get a muffler and weld it on.

many say the magnaflow is a good one. 95 bucks or so
i have a weapon r r1 muffler was 175 over a year ago
i get compliments on its sound all the time

and remember one muffler on a honda is not the same as on a diff car.. diff cars make diff sounds
12809, RE: Exhaust/Back Pressure Question
Well, what power we do have, i dont wanna loose it. Keep all i can.....what size of stock piping is on our cars? Is 2.5 too big?
12810, I'd say
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it depends on what you plan to do. If you eventually want to go turbo, just get a 2.5 inch (so you don't have to buy another exhaust down the road) and deal with any loss in low end.

If you are not going to be boosting, just replace the muffler. I think I've proven you don't need a huge exhaust to improve your 1/4 mile times if you stay non turbo :)
12811, RE: I'd say
I'm not planning on going turbo anytime soon, cant even afford the stuff im doing right now but im still doin it! YEA! Will just the muffler give me a good deep loud sound? Will it give me any increase in power? What type do you reccommend??
12812, RE: Exhaust/Back Pressure Question
Posted by RoboTechDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, since we have the same diameter piping and pattern as a GS-T, I guess our piping is good for 210 hp. That's why a GS-T muffler is probably one of the most cost-effective mod you can do. I was just gonna put a good quality muffler in, but JCWhitney.com had an awesome deal for a full Borla cat-back with 2.5 in. piping. All for 330 bucks including shipping. The exhaust itself is incredibly quiet except when you hit around 3000 rpm's, then it gets deeper. Good Luck
I generated this page in 0.013260841369629 seconds, executing 7 queries.