Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectWhat Next?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127769
127769, What Next?
Posted by 95baser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Right now, what I have done since I got my 2G.

Fuel Filter
Plugs & Wires
Header, Cat elimination, Straight Pipe
Ram Air Intake
TPS
Throttle Cable Adjustment (it was loose)
Water Temp Sensor

What else do I need to worry about/do to have a little bit better acceleration. Im looking for a very cost effective setup. I only want to put about 180-200 down, since we only have 140 out of the box. Lol.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, where can I get body parts? I need a fender, hood, ft. bumper. I bought it that way. Then I slid off the road about 2 weeks ago and tapped my rear quarter panel.

edit: I will be changing to a true exhaust, with a different header. Right now, its a 4-1. I would like to get the 4-2-1 and a GST catback.
127770, RE: What Next?
Posted by keislij, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
58+mm Throttle body
UDP
Cam Gears

as for the parts keep an eye out for people parting out cars in BST section.

www.mitsubishigraveyard.com
Ive also bought parts from these guys. Kinda over priced but they'll have them.
127772, RE: What Next?
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To "put 180-200" down will cost you a ton of money, time, and skill.

Bullett is at 210-215whp (forget which one) and im sure he has spent more than you make a year on it.

You realize that the stock 140 is crank right? We put down roughly 115 to the wheels. Stock.

For acceleration I agree with the TB and UDP. However I fail to see how cam gears are going to help him at all right now.
127773, RE: What Next?
Originally posted by teklein
However I fail to see how cam gears are going to help him at all right now.

I agree.

I realize its 140 at the crank, Im looking to get 180-200 at the crank. Nothing drastic, just something noticeable. I should have mentioned it before.

TB, UDP, what else can I do to pull more from my motor with out going internal. She is my DD, and my only ride right now.

Thanks for the help so far.
127774, RE: What Next?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 95baser
What else do I need to worry about?

Timing belt;

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=41636&mesg_id=41636&page=

127775, RE: What Next?
I knew there was something vital i was missing. Thank you for pointing that out.
127776, RE: What Next?
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I knew there was something vital i was missing. Thank you for pointing that out.

Check Partsdinosaur for the mechanical tensioner conversion kit. Its like 134.00 and comes with the tensioner, timing belt, and pulley :thumbsup
127785, RE: What Next?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by 95baser I knew there was something vital i was missing. Thank you for pointing that out.
Check Partsdinosaur for the mechanical tensioner conversion kit. Its like 134.00 and comes with the tensioner, timing belt, and pulley :thumbsup

Or get the better one with the high HP belt http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/product2625.html
127786, RE: What Next?
Posted by Cyexmaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A lightweight flywheel and clutch.... I saw a really good deal on them on ebay that will help out and it's not something hard to do...
127801, RE: What Next?
Through research, and the helpful info i have gotten from yall. I was thinking about:
UDP
TB 60mm
Fidanza lightwieght flywheel
stage 1 or 2 clutch
T-Belt, (why not use a hydraulic tensioner and a kevlar belt?)
and FIX/replacing my exhaust.

all in all. im hoping that will at least give me the pickup im looking for.

If there is something im missing. I would appreciate the input.
Thanks all.

3ska
127804, RE: What Next?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Through research, and the helpful info i have gotten from yall. I was thinking about: UDP TB 60mm Fidanza lightwieght flywheel stage 1 or 2 clutch T-Belt, (why not use a hydraulic tensioner and a kevlar belt?) and FIX/replacing my exhaust. I would appreciate the input.

Might want to think about the PT Cruiser clutch of the F1 E-bay clutch (I'm running it right now with the daily). Both clutches would be adequate for your current goals. They are known to hold boost as well.

Hydraulic tensioner is standard on our engines. You might want to look into the mechanical adjuster if price is a consideration to you.

I have yet to see a Kevlar belt for our cars. But the current rage is the Gates belt. Supposedly stronger and you can get it in blue too! (partsdinosaur)

127805, RE: What Next?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
I have yet to see a Kevlar belt for our cars. But the current rage is the Gates belt. Supposedly stronger and you can get it in blue too! (partsdinosaur)

that's the one I linked
127806, RE: What Next?
Posted by Raine883, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im pretty sure the blue gates belt is a poly-kevlar weave, it made out of the same rubber they use in there hydraulic hose.
127811, RE: What Next?
So the gates belt is the way to go? Ok, The reason why I said anything about a kevlar t belt, is my friend with a 3kgt VR4, he runs the blue belts and said something about either a kevlar weave or it was mostly kevlar. Im not sure completely. But on the plus note, I did remember I have a sidemount out of my last 95 TSI. Plus my friend just dropped a T-25 off at my house last week. So, I might wind up going that route, The fact that the clutches listed can handle a little boost is good to know.
IF I do go turbo, I only want to run about 7-11 lbs. Nothing drastic. Just enough to let people in my area know that Im not playing. Ya know.

So far so good, im going to check out that link and bookmark it. That way once the funding is perfect I can go through and get everything.

Thanks again guys,
If anyone is in the Palm Coast/Daytona/Flagler part of Florida, hit me up.
I generated this page in 0.01410698890686 seconds, executing 7 queries.