Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectKiss of Death - Leaking Rear Main
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=119226&mesg_id=119226
119226, Kiss of Death - Leaking Rear Main
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Son of a B#$%ch!!! I've had this leak fr a couple months and thought I'd get lucky and it'd just be the pan gasket, so I'd change it at next oil change and be done with it. Well, as my luck would have it, it's coming out of the cover plate between the block and the tranny (now I should feel fortunate, as my normal luck would include an angry badger hiding under the car waiting for me)

How many people have done this change in the car? Any estimates on how long a job this is? I'm just looking for an estimate of how much time I should put aside to do it, because I've been known to call a job three hours and not get it done till next tuesday.

I'm planning on just pulling the tranny to get to it, as I don't have access to a cherry picker right now. Any suggestions or notes to look out for would be great, also, since I'm going to be down there, anybody have a high stall converter they want to give me :D wishful thinking.
I generated this page in 0.012573003768921 seconds, executing 6 queries.