Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectTo sell or not to sell
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=114857
114857, To sell or not to sell
Posted by thormx353, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright Im going to start off by saying that i love my car. It's a burgundy 97 RS. However the engine taps and is annoying, but still runs good. Theres virtually no rust, and the body is in great shape. However I think I was so excited I found a DSM that I didn't think it through and just pounced on it too quick. One reason i don't like it is because its an auto which i hate. I have someone who said they would buy me a good running engine but, I don't want to build up an engine with the crappy atx it has. My friend bought an awd talon right after i got my eclipse which made me dislike my car even more. I just don't know if i want to keep it and make it look nice when i would rather have performance oriented, or possibly sell it and get something that runs better, manual, and/or turbo'd. oh and btw you guys deserve kudos the way most of your cars are. Just need some your guys .02 cents
114858, RE: To sell or not to sell
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If your not happy with an automatic sell it and use the money to find you a manual. the advantage you have is you havent put much into it yet so your not looking at loosing much. you will never get your money back oout of your car once you start modding it so make sure its something you want
just my .02
114859, RE: To sell or not to sell
Thats what i was thinking. The car is untouched with any modifications.
114860, RE: To sell or not to sell
Posted by Flipboi89, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm do you want to have an eclipse for awhile? i bought an rs and had it for like 6 months to save up money to go turbo. both were manual. even though it was slow it was fun for a dd. sell it and buy something you want but make sure you know what you want since it is a car
114861, RE: To sell or not to sell
I still want one of these cars. I love these cars. I just dont think i got the right one. If I got a diff car it would be an eclipse or a talon
114862, RE: To sell or not to sell
Posted by msl-man, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much were you looking to spend. Would you buy one already modded out or are you looking for a project? What would your perfect car be then?

"And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
114863, RE: To sell or not to sell
Posted by Flipboi89, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by msl-man
How much were you looking to spend. Would you buy one already modded out or are you looking for a project? What would your perfect car be then? "And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

ya pretty much if you want a project car get a base model or if you dont wanna do all the work get a gst/gsx
114864, RE: To sell or not to sell
Posted by BigRedMonster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If your not happy, sell it.
I generated this page in 0.0097708702087402 seconds, executing 7 queries.