Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=114118&mesg_id=114123
114123, RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long)
Posted by tegster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have had two major problems with those stupid hoses. The first happened last year while I was on the way to work on a freeway and all of a sudden my temp gauge reads max temp. There is a little traffic but a cement wall on both sides where I was at so I had to wait to exit and pull off the side of the road. Had it towed home and saw the giant slit in my hose. I replaced it and I am good to go.

In march this year I was overheating again and this time I live 5 mins from work since I moved and was 50 mins from work before. So I make it home before the car even fully warms up to normal temps and notice I have no coolant. Anyway, I see that my one hose touched the intake manifold and burned a little hole in it. ha. This time it was cold outside and I didnt have a lot of time but I had a friend help me and we managed to get that hose replaced using autozone hoses. Well in the process of getting that one fixed we managed to cut the other one some how so we had to go back and get another hose. haha. We fixed that one and I put these little cable sleeves we use at my work for high voltage just in case they decide to adjust themselves again. We did this without taking off the intake manifold and was A VERY TIGHT FIT.

Point of this story....I hate those damn heater hoses :)

oh and I agree in using autozone hoses. Cheaper and can get as much length as you want.
I generated this page in 0.0075418949127197 seconds, executing 6 queries.