Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Collective 2.4L Swap Information
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=112724&mesg_id=112793
112793, RE: Collective 2.4L Swap Information
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm working on putting back my AC
I already have the srt-4 ac bracket and 1 srt-4 ac compressor
the compressor is bolton on the bracket or course ... but ... read on

srt-4 compressor are made by Denso, same shit as our cars but they don't the same shape and bolt pattern
our cars are using a belt with 4 ribs
srt-4 are using a belt with 3 ribs
I took off the clutch/pulley assy from both compressor and did an hybrid srt-4 compressor with 420a pulley

oups ...
found out too late the 420a pulley has an offset which the srt-4 compressor doesn't have the pulley is now at the wrong place for an alignment with the crank and power steering pulleys

and second oups the 420a pulley is larger in diameter and now it's almost touching the srt-4 belt tensionner there's not enought space left for a belt

so comming up somewhere this spring/early summer I'll make an adaptor plate which will go between the bracket and the compressor with that plate I will have the chance to silde the compressor up and down and right to left for the perfect fitting

as for using MS you will not have to play with the cam sensor magnet since MS is not using it at all, you don't have to swap your injectors , you still need to batch fuel and fire on 1-4, 2-3 pairing, and you may have to swap coil pack wire depending of your spark setup , either at the coil pack or right at the MS

nvt-350 will bolt right on and the a604 too of course

as for using the srt-4 clutch I don't know
I will bolt on the engine, but it was made for a nvt-850, a newer tranny , I have never heard so far of someone using one on a 420a/nvt-350 combo so ????

Alain
I generated this page in 0.011387825012207 seconds, executing 6 queries.