Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Intake diameter size information
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=112520&mesg_id=112522
112522, RE: Intake diameter size information
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
PS - I "helped" with your intake manifold last night. }(

I think I just got a boner :P

I gotta call Mike. Really needs to be done by wednesday-ish to have it installed and tuned for the Shoot Out. I hope she's lookin' good.

As for the hump cut out. I did consider this option. A few reasons that I did not use it. One is that I want to be sure that the front of the velocity stack gets a full "face-on" into the oncoming air. With the hump, part of the face would be blocked off. That's why I want to use the "smile" part of the front dam. Full frontal :thumbsup . I could also move it up higher into the dam (keeping in mind that I only have a half radiator - for this reason), but I want to be sure of the length.

Another reason is that I'm happy with my air flow in the engine bay using the "Home Depot" registers cut-out in my hood (though I do want a little bigger louvers). I like the direction of the air flow over the engine and out through the "registers". I'm a little concerned that the hole in the hump may redirect that air flow.

A third reason is that I want that front hood area to be as unobstructed (air-flow wise) as possible. That's why I did the low profile louvers on my Home Depot cut out. The velocity stack would obviously be a big obstruction (read turbulence).

But again, my big concern is the length. It just seems too long for my common sense to agree to.

Appreciate.
I generated this page in 0.0079691410064697 seconds, executing 6 queries.