Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectstroker rod length question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=103574
103574, stroker rod length question
Posted by darkclark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i am doing a turbo motor build and my motor shop wants me to get part#s for are the non stock parts. i chose to go with the callies 90mm stroker crank and wanted to know what specs the rods need to meet work with that crank? and does the the crank effect which pistons i use? the last question is a little of topic i was lookng threw the ARP catalog and there was no mention of the 420a eclipse will the dohc neon head studs work in our head?
103581, RE: stroker rod length question
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by darkclark
will the dohc neon head studs work in our head?

As far as I know, yes. Can't help you on the stroker crank, though. Never heard of that one.
103589, RE: stroker rod length question
here is a link to the site where it is http://edtweb14dev449.edthosting.com/p-4610-stroker-crank420a-90mmon-sale.aspx
i just looked at howell and it is the same crank so i guess does any one with a howell stroker know what their rods and piston part #s are?
103622, RE: stroker rod length question
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If it helps you any, the 2.2l stroker uses a stock length rod and a special piston with the wrist pin moved towards head the exact same amount that the stroker crankshaft throw was increased. You may also find it helpful to know that the "long rod" piston is identical to the "stroker" piston. If you called JE Pistons, you would probably find that there are only two wrist pin locations in their design files. If the dimensions of the crank you buy match the dimensions of the pistons you buy, you will be fine. Be sure to compare the dimensions though. It wouldn't be very fun if you happen to buy a crank with a throw increase larger than the change in wristpin location on the pistons you buy. It would self-clearance in one revolution though.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
103633, RE: stroker rod length question
thank you very much for the responce corbin that helps me the right parts i think i got all the #s i need if somone wants to lock this post.
I generated this page in 0.014227151870728 seconds, executing 7 queries.