Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectMods Page
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=10090
10090, Mods Page
Posted by jkoston, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, had a few quick questions about some of the mods on the mods section. Mostly the pvc intake and the free airbox.

I was going to get a cold air intake, but I was looking at the one from the pvc mod. How good is this? Should I try this or just buy a cai? Maybe do the free airbox mod, for until i get my cai?

btw: Maybe some more pictures of the mods I get confused reading some of them as I'm a newb. When i do any of these I'll try to document it with my digital cam.
10091, RE: Mods Page
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well ebay sells like $45 intakes...Also you can buy a 2.5" filter and slap it on for $20.

The afx udp is a great mod also. $160
10092, RE: Mods Page
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did both the airbox mod and the PVC intake mod and both are great, the increase in power was quite substantial when doing the airbox mod. When I went from the bored airbox to the PVC intake the power increase wasnt that great atleast it didnt feel that great, but now I can get a really really good chirp on the 1-2 shift. Hell in the rain if I go WOT as soon as the rpm reach 4000 my tires just start spinning like crazy, couldnt do that with just the airbox mod. The reason I chose to do this over buying a $200 cai was that I plan on going turbo eventually and that would just be wasted money.
10093, RE: Mods Page
Posted by DHmav51, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Scott McIntyre posted a custom intake e-mail on the mailing list a while back, which had a link to his site with an FAQ. here's the link: http://maritime.dsm.org/scottm/intake.html
10094, RE: Mods Page
Posted by Mummer12, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get the ebay 45 dollar intake its well worth it you car will sound meaner and you can say it is a hundred dollar intake when its half the price. But free mods are always good. Late
10095, RE: Mods Page
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check my site out, a few pics, and a writeup.

a cai will give ya more hp, but it costs more, u can get a short ram for cheap, and ghetto rig ram air to it.

late
I generated this page in 0.0093369483947754 seconds, executing 7 queries.